• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

RadioReference.com Version 2.0 Beta Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
9,189
Location
Whitefish, MT
I'm pleased to announce the release of the RadioReference.com Database v2.0 in Beta Form.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR_D

Some new features include:

1. Updated Searches
2. Tabs for access to FCC, Grants, Downloads, History etc
3. Better FCC integration
4. CSV Downloads of Data
5. PDF formats for conventional data
6. Integration with FAA data for ARTCC data

... and much much more.

Please do not link to this data, rely on it for accuracy, or otherwise actively communicate this release until we are ready for production. I am requesting comments, feedback, bug reports, problems etc to be posted to this thread.

You will obviously run into bugs, missing things, problems etc, so be patient as we fix them for the gold 2.0 release coming shortly.

Warm regards,

Lindsay
 

Kirk

DB Admin
Moderator
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
783
Looks good. I'm not able to locate anything that lets me download a CSV, though.

A current project has me wanting an easy way to get a CSV of all licenses in a state on a particular frequency, and for that CSV to contain licensee, freq, address, and most importantly, lattitude & longitude.

If I could get this out of RR.com, it would guarantee my purchasing memberships for most of eternity. :)
 

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
9,189
Location
Whitefish, MT
Kirk said:
Looks good. I'm not able to locate anything that lets me download a CSV, though.

A current project has me wanting an easy way to get a CSV of all licenses in a state on a particular frequency, and for that CSV to contain licensee, freq, address, and most importantly, lattitude & longitude.

If I could get this out of RR.com, it would guarantee my purchasing memberships for most of eternity. :)
CSV Downloads, where available, are on the downloads tab. There are CSV downloads available for Counties, and States.

I might be able to roll your request.. much of the backend as been updated so that I can response to these types of things quicker.

If you purchase an eternity subscribtion for infinite $$.. I'll make sure it makes it to the RR 2.0 production rollout. :lol: :lol:
 

kyguy

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
184
Location
ky-oh-wv
I Like It !!!!

I've had one of them "grouchy" days where nothing has went right,,but......
now you've MADE MY DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it.
 

Kirk

DB Admin
Moderator
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
783
blantonl said:
CSV Downloads, where available, are on the downloads tab. There are CSV downloads available for Counties, and States.
That's what I get for mixing prescription drugs with web surfing (all legal, mind you). I see it now.

I think the report I'm looking for would be useful for anyone who's into the new GPS-enabled scanners. My vision is to produce file with all of the California Highway Patrol sites, import into mapping software, then add radiuses as I look at the map and determine approximate coverage. The perfect ticket for mobile use of a 996, and something I'm sure others in other states could use.

As for the infinite donation, uh, to paraphrase Wimpy, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a RR upgrade today." :lol:
 

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
9,189
Location
Whitefish, MT
Kirk said:
I think the report I'm looking for would be useful for anyone who's into the new GPS-enabled scanners. My vision is to produce file with all of the California Highway Patrol sites, import into mapping software, then add radiuses as I look at the map and determine approximate coverage. The perfect ticket for mobile use of a 996, and something I'm sure others in other states could use.
Possibly, however keep in mind that a short release after this one will include geocoding abilities, so that ultimately users can submit geocoded information for frequency subcategories and trunked system sites and talkgroup groups, and you could download that information directly into the GPS enabled scanner using the Web Service and the ARC Soft applications.
 

pblumer

Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
159
Location
Evansville, IN
blantonl said:
CSV Downloads, where available, are on the downloads tab. There are CSV downloads available for Counties, and States.

I might be able to roll your request.. much of the backend as been updated so that I can response to these types of things quicker.

If you purchase an eternity subscribtion for infinite $$.. I'll make sure it makes it to the RR 2.0 production rollout. :lol: :lol:

Yeah I downloaded the Evansville CSV yesterday very, very nice and the PDFs are very cool as well. Thanks for all the hard work you have placed into this

Patrick
 

Kirk

DB Admin
Moderator
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
783
blantonl said:
Possibly, however keep in mind that a short release after this one will include geocoding abilities, so that ultimately users can submit geocoded information for frequency subcategories and trunked system sites and talkgroup groups, and you could download that information directly into the GPS enabled scanner using the Web Service and the ARC Soft applications.
Sounds good, but those of us that submit info to the database have to get the info to geocode from somewhere. I'm not sure how others plan to do it. For a municipal agency, you can pick the geographic center of the city, choose a radius to approximate the edges of the city, and bam, you're done. For agencies that span multiple cities/counties, unless you have a complete map of their beat areas, I think my idea of using transmitter locations is decent.

Anyway, I'm pleased to see the direction you're taking things. Keep up the good work, but don't forget to spend some time with your family. After all, we want those kids to grow up loving radios, not despising them. ;)
 

captclint

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
2,448
Location
Mountaintop, PA
TGID's vs CSV Download

Tried an LTR sys. Got the Freq's from County Download, but TGID's only in PDF. Any plans to include in CVS?

Great Job on Beta 2!!

Now that we can DL CVS, are you considering a way to upload in the submissions. Might tend to minimize interpretation errors for the DB admin...not that there are that many;)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top