RadioReference now hosting shack photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
That's right.

Head on over to your account:

Your Account

Click the "Shack" tab and upload up to 5 photos of your shack / mobile setup. These will then appear on your user profile.

Enjoy!

PS: other new features are available in your profile as well... poke around :)

SCPD

QRT
Neato - are folks still encourage to post shack photos here too? Can we link to the images in the profiles? Looks like you can copy the link from the thumbnail, and link to that in an IMG tag... like so:

IMG_3547.jpg

Great feature, thanks!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We got this fixed... thanks for the report. It seems that the FCC likes to store multiple entries for callsigns. I'm guessing you let your callsign lapse and then renewed it?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Also, I believe that we'll still use this forum to discuss setups. But, the good thing it that you can now host your shack photos (5 of them anyway) on RR. It also becomes part of your profile.

We will also shortly release an update to your forums profile that shows that your have shack photos if you have uploaded some.

NYRHKY94

FYI - It appears there may be an issue with the "delete" function after a shack photo has been uploaded. The delete operation does not remove the photo.

NYRHKY94

Lindsay:

I just tried it again and this time it worked as expected. Not sure what happened before, but I attempted to delete a shack photo several times and it would not perform the operation. I logged out and back in as well to see if it was a refresh/cache issue but the photo was still there. This time (a minute ago) it deleted just fine!

Thanks - Mike

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Shack Hosting is cool, but making it easy for the whole world to view your personal info seems crazy to me, but hey I am not a Ham and would not understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.