RadioShack Pro-163 Scanning Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitzman

In my city there is a frequency for PD dispatch, 460.17500mhz, a frequency for FD, 154.17500 and a frequency for ESDA I like to monitor. Before I added the ESDA frequency, I could manually listen on 460.17500 and have PRI on for the 154.17500 channel, my question is how do I scan between just 3 or 4 frequencies instead of the entire preprogrammed range?

N8IAA

In my city there is a frequency for PD dispatch, 460.17500mhz, a frequency for FD, 154.17500 and a frequency for ESDA I like to monitor. Before I added the ESDA frequency, I could manually listen on 460.17500 and have PRI on for the 154.17500 channel, my question is how do I scan between just 3 or 4 frequencies instead of the entire preprogrammed range?

Unless you really want to keep the preprogrammed frequencies, Banks 0 + 1, you could follow the instructions on page 51 of your manual, and initialize the scanner to clean, unused banks. If you want to keep what is there, start in a bank that has no frequencies programmed. You can then program the frequencies into the bank and just listen to them. When programmed, you can just scan that bank by shutting off all other banks by pressing their coresponding numbers. You can even set a priority for the channel/frequency you want.
HTH,
Larry

spitzman

I'd like to keep what's preprogrammed as I travel out of the city with it. I managed to get the frequencies into empty bank 4. how do i scan just bank 4?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to keep what's preprogrammed as I travel out of the city with it. I managed to get the frequencies into empty bank 4. how do i scan just bank 4?
Turn off all banks except bank 4. Pressing the number of the bank while in scan mode will toggle that bank on and off.

If your scanner has been programmed in all banks, and you only want to scan a few frequencies, on that scanner the only real way to do it is lock out all the frequencies you don't want to scan in a bank, and scan only that bank. Only non-locked-out frequencies will be scanned (only in banks that are enabled).

Status
Not open for further replies.