RadioShack PRO-2045 QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

murda

Will this scanner be able to pick up opp in renfrew county area ? Base and mobile .. Just thought i would ask you guys before i bought it thanks again

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
..What state are you in? And what system are you trying to monitor? BTW you might get better responses if you posted this into the forum associated with the state you are in (or a mod move it to the appropriate forum).

wb0wao

In a word no - I derived your location from your posting and I am assuming that you want to monitor specifically the Ontario Provincial Police. They use a Motorola T2 trunked system with both analog and APCO-25 signals. Assuming again the model number of the scanner you asked about is correct - it is a analog non-trunking model from 1999. My suggestion is to save your money and get a more modern digital trunking scanner or at the very least an analog scanner that will do trunking.

Dennis

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Will this scanner be able to pick up opp in renfrew county area ? Base and mobile .. Just thought i would ask you guys before i bought it thanks again
No it cannot. OPP Zone 2 is a VHF Motorola Smartzone Trunk system. This scanner can only monitor conventional frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.