Radioshack Pro-2052 Discriminator Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wanting to add a discriminator tap to an older Pro-2052 I have so I can try and decode some P25 using DSD. First off, I've found some instructions on where to add the capacitor but I'm still confused about how to do this. I know I need to solder a capacitor to Pin 9, or somewhere connected to it. Can someone please explain how to do this in a simpler way? Most of the instructions I find assume I know exactly where everything is.

I'm guessing I solder one leg of the correct capacitor to Pin 9 and the other leg to the center conductor of some shielded wire, then solder the shield of said wire to a ground point in the scanner. Then I connect a 3.5mm output somewhere at the end of my piece of wire. Do I have the right idea?

I saw some instructions that didn't even mention a capacitor and some that mentioned the use of a 10uf 16v capacitor. Just need a little help here.

Thanks.

I checked again and for some reason I put Pro-2052, my scanner is a Pro-2050. They look similar but I'm not sure if the procedure is the same.

Alright, so I solder directly to pin 9? I've seen where some people reccomend soldering to another part of the circuit that connects to pin 9. Should that be done with this scanner or should I just go for pin 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.