Radioshack pro-2066 trunking help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordanqkoch

I just got this scanner and I'm having trouble setting up the nj state police trunking. All I really want is the park police but I don't understand what all the dec and hex things mean. Any help is greatly appreciated.

N1BHH

I don't know anything about that scanner but you may want to read the manual. It might require all the frequencies in a system programmed starting at the beginning of a bank. Some older scanners were like that.

Jordanqkoch

What I don't understand is why next to the park police in the list it shows a hex and a dec number. But no frequency. I don't get what frequency I have to add to hear the park police only. I'm a noob when it comes to this while trunking thing.

N8IAA

What I don't understand is why next to the park police in the list it shows a hex and a dec number. But no frequency. I don't get what frequency I have to add to hear the park police only. I'm a noob when it comes to this while trunking thing.

First of all, you would need to program your scanner in the trunking mode. Your manual would show you how to do this. You will need to go to the RR database and find your county tower frequencies. You will need to put in all frequencies for your scanner to work. Then follow the manual on how to enter the Talk Group ID's. These are the hex and dec. You will want to put in the hex number.
The only problem you may have, is that your scanner won't do rebanded frequencies. But, you won't know until you program in those frequencies.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.