Radioshack Pro-433 & Howard County EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
It is my understanding that rebanded EDACS does not matter. I was told only on Motorola, and P25 systems does it really matter, and only on systems that use the "new" band plans. Hence the reason you don't see anything in programming software about rebanded plans for EDACS.... It has to do with the way an EDACS works... Same for rebanded LTR's. Example: Hamilton County's EDACS.. It is rebanded, as long as you have the freqs in the right LCN order, your good to go. I have it running in my 92 and 96.

Though I could be wrong, it does happen sometimes.... Darn that being human thing.

KokomoScanner

Premium Subscriber
So you believe his Pro-433 will work? Know anyone that will program it for him. Says in the wiki it is not computer programmable.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
It should work at least until they upgrade in next couple of years since EDACS is going away. No longer being supported by Harris as of 2016 if I recall. I don't know anyone up there in Kokomo area other than you. I don't get up that way more than once a year or so.

Speaking of Howard/Kokomo, since they already have SAFE-T capabilities, I would expect after the P25 upgrade, they may just kill the EDACS off pretty soon after that. Or convert it to an SAFE-T P25 simulcast site. Would get expensive to convert it to Harris P25 IP and have SAFE-T too. Or they may do like Hamco.. Go to thier own Motorola ASTRO-25 simulcast.

Last edited by a moderator:

adunkle76

Premium Subscriber
Jeff,
It will work with the current system. It would take time to program the trunking ID's without software, but it isn't too difficult. I could help your friend do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.