RadioShack Pro 528 newbie needs help w/ trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a RadioShack Pro-528 triple trunking 1000 channel scanner some time ago and thought I had it porogramed. I got the PC cable and Scancat Lite with mr. Scanner .RSD databases. I chose what i wanted from the database and programmed it to my scanner, but the trunking systems aren't working right. I keep getting audible beeps whenever it changes control channel. I am VERY new to this and would appreciate any pointers. If I get a premium subscription to Radioreference is there a file that i can download to automatically do this for me?
Thanks
Craig

DickH

I got a RadioShack Pro-528 triple trunking 1000 channel scanner some time ago and thought I had it porogramed. I got the PC cable and Scancat Lite with mr. Scanner .RSD databases. I chose what i wanted from the database and programmed it to my scanner, but the trunking systems aren't working right. I keep getting audible beeps whenever it changes control channel. I am VERY new to this and would appreciate any pointers. If I get a premium subscription to Radioreference is there a file that i can download to automatically do this for me?
Thanks
Craig

Which system? If it's the Raytown system, it is Motorola so you should never get "beeps".

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Let's back up a little here - Craig, using Scancrap ...er Scancat ... to load the scanner was your first error. The second was using Mr.Scanner data. We have our own databases here, and here's the entry for your county...

Jackson County, Missouri (MO) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Scancat Lite Plus (UGGHH) is a pure POS. Get yourself a copy of ARC433 (Scanner Master has it). It has the ability to download data from our database, once you get a premium subscription. To find out about that, float your mouse over About in the upper right corner in the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad, and select Premium Subscription.

To get started about understanding trunking, read the links in the Overview section of the wiki article on trunking. To get there, float your mouse over Wiki in the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master article, go to the bottom of the pulldown and select Trunking.

You have a couple of ways to go here. Go to the Missouri forum and ask for a file (be sure to state that you are using ARC433 when you get it and have a PRO-528) for your scanner. Get the premium sub as described earlier, or visit one of the Yahoo scanner mailing lists for your area, and ask, as listed here...

Missouri(US) - The RadioReference Wiki

I see the Mo folks are quite active. No doubt they can get you pointed in the right direction. More often than not, local help is the best help 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.