RadioShack PRO106 Scanner Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMoonDog

I recently purchased a RadioShack PRO106 scanner and WIN500 software. I am able to download the objects to the scanner w/o any problems (using only bank 1 at this time)Nothing. My problem starts w/trying to start the scan. When I press the MAN button I can see all the objects that I have chosen, but when I select SCAN I receive this message-Nothing Enabled! I follow the enable/unable directions on page 45 of the manual. After saving the changes I see this message-Scan Lists Unsaved Changes! Go Back? When I select go back I go thru the same process as previously described and same message-Unsaved Changes. When I select No I see-Changes Have Been Discarded. Never the less I still have the original Nothing Enabled message. I am wondering if my problem is with my software installation (I have most current drivers) or am I missing something with the scanner. Does anybody have an answer?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The PRO-106, and WIN-500, do not use banks like older scanners. They use Scan Lists. Did you create any Scan Lists, and assign them to the numeric buttons?

Highpockets

I recently purchased a RadioShack PRO106 scanner and WIN500 software. I am able to download the objects to the scanner w/o any problems (using only bank 1 at this time)Nothing. My problem starts w/trying to start the scan. When I press the MAN button I can see all the objects that I have chosen, but when I select SCAN I receive this message-Nothing Enabled! I follow the enable/unable directions on page 45 of the manual. After saving the changes I see this message-Scan Lists Unsaved Changes! Go Back? When I select go back I go thru the same process as previously described and same message-Unsaved Changes. When I select No I see-Changes Have Been Discarded. Never the less I still have the original Nothing Enabled message. I am wondering if my problem is with my software installation (I have most current drivers) or am I missing something with the scanner. Does anybody have an answer?

Here is a guide that will help you import from RR into win500.

WIN500 - UtahRadio

DrMoonDog

I have created scan lists and tried to save but constantly getting the above messages. Utah Radio is good, but leaves some important steps out. Thank you for your replies. I quess that I have evidently left something off. Eventually I will figure it out

DonS

The "Nothing enabled!" message means that when the scanner looked for "things to scan", it found none. The scanner compares your "enabled scan lists" (the numbers that should appear below the message) to the scan list membership of each object.

If, when you see that message, your display looks like this:
Code:
Nothing enabled!
..........  pri 
then you don't have any scan lists enabled for scanning.

If, for example, your display looks like this:
Code:
Nothing enabled!
123.......  pri 
then scan lists 1, 2, 3, and 19 are enabled, but there are no objects that belong to those scan lists - or any objects that belong to those scan lists are locked out.

DrMoonDog

Thanks Guys. The problem was that I wasn't assigning to a scan list. I went back over the UtahRadio and reread the article seeing that I had missed this step and I take back my statement about the UtahRadio page as that is where I found my error. Now one more question-How do you direct the program to another page in the software? For example When I select web import from RR I don't see a line like pictured in UtahRadio RR.comXML URL to type in the page I want to get. Then I don't see in the drop down what system I want I can't find this info. I had no problem importing our local Pub Safety for it showed in the drop down. I hope that this makes sense.

sfd901

Ok now I use ARC500 for the Pro 106 scanner. I cannot seem to add more than one scan list to the scanner at a time. Also when I save a file as Vscanner on computer and try to upload to the radio I lose the previously installed file...Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.