RadioShack Repairs from Canada..is it still possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, I have a RS Pro-96 that seems to be having problems, and was wondering if anyone has tried to get repairs done from Canada, and how you went about doing it.

I would love to get mine fixed, but from what I've read you have to take it to a Radio Shack store, which we dont really have anymore..does the Source provide the same services maybe?

stircrazy

I too have the Pro 96 and have spent all morning on the phone with several Fort Worth individuals, from secretaries to managers. They will not repair or send parts to Canada at any cost. They do not accept Canadian credit cards, money orders or certified cheques. They don't use paypal and will not do C.O.D.. So that leaves us with The Source. I spoke to a person from their head office. They will look at it for a non refundable $35.00 to tell you that its a scanner, and that yes, it is broken. After thats all figured out, they will ship it to the U.S.. On your dime of course. They will go two ways. To Texas or to New York. They then will charge you a non refundable $20.00 American to "diagnose" what was already told to you, that it is a scanner and that it is broken.

I just got off the phone right now with Bob from the actual repair center in New York. He said that we can ship the units directly from Canada to New York and they will do all the work. Bob is the repair tech and gave me some good news about my particular unit.
You might want to try calling them there, 716-836-4148. They are the only people that actually helped me in trying to get my unit repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.