Radioshack Software Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTO_04

Does this mean a new program for the Pro-96 is in the works? I will be looking for software to program mine. Up until now I have programmed it by hand. But I may have to send my Pro-96 in for service and I will want to save everything I entered so I can download it again if I need to.

GTO_04

VintageJon

Hummmmmm, I'm slow on the uptake.

I purchased Win96 and love it/use it constantly.
I donwloaded the V1.3 RS dingus and it didn't hurt anything, maybe helped a bit.

What kinda thing is RS planning? Will it be as cryptic as the Owner's Manual?
What's this gonna do for me?

"splain it to me..."
-Jon

VintageJon

OOPS! Clicked lick and filled out/submitted. (I submit, I'm not worthy...)

Thought this was new RS software. WRONG!

Confused as usual,
Jon

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Jackanapes said:
I take it that the survey is over but I see there is software for my PRO-528

That's because your PRO-528 is manufactured by Uniden. He's developing software for the Radio Shack scanners that are manufactured by GRE.

sniperbob

If this is about ideas for better Radio Shack dsp upgrades then I would like better apco 25 coverage in my Pro 96.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
sniperbob said:
If this is about ideas for better Radio Shack dsp upgrades then I would like better apco 25 coverage in my Pro 96.

This has nothing to do with that. Its all about the Butel software to program the scanners.

sniperbob

Dubbin said:
This has nothing to do with that. Its all about the Butel software to program the scanners.
I'm sorry, didn't know it was for programming.

It would be nice if the backlight options could be programmed by computer, if it already doesn't do this.

k5ttt

tbharper said:
does anyone know when the the new program might be out on market

Sometime this month (Dec. 06). I'm checking the web site every day. I asked him a couple of questions, one of them being what part of the month it would be available and that one didn't get answered. Those that pre-order will receive an email when it's ready. This month is a pretty quick turn around since the unit hit the shelves. I don't blame him for not wanting to commit to anything before the end of the month. I'll just try and be patient and quietly tap my toes.

Here's a question of my own. If I download a demo, will it be anything like the ARC-433 version? In other words, would it be worth it for me to download a different version to demo before 433 is ready? That's the only thing keeping me from pre-ordering.

DickH

k5ttt said:
Sometime this month (Dec. 06). I'm checking the web site every day. I asked him a couple of questions, one of them being what part of the month it would be available and that one didn't get answered. Those that pre-order will receive an email when it's ready. This month is a pretty quick turn around since the unit hit the shelves. I don't blame him for not wanting to commit to anything before the end of the month. I'll just try and be patient and quietly tap my toes.

Here's a question of my own. If I download a demo, will it be anything like the ARC-433 version? In other words, would it be worth it for me to download a different version to demo before 433 is ready? That's the only thing keeping me from pre-ordering.

I just looked at his site. Nothing about pre-ordering, just the $24.95 price. I remember some time ago, he posted a price of $19.95. Was that the pre-order price?
So, if only the $24.95 price is on his site, that must mean it's available now.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
DickH said:
I just looked at his site. Nothing about pre-ordering, just the $24.95 price. I remember some time ago, he posted a price of $19.95. Was that the pre-order price?
So, if only the $24.95 price is on his site, that must mean it's available now.

His web page for it says pre-order is $24.95, today. If he is far enough along in the program I'm sure he would send you the beta.

k5ttt

He updated the page last night or this morning. I just found this change...

"will be available December 21st 2006"

Thanks Gommert! Looking forward to it.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I released ARC433 0.80BETA today, this software supports the PRO-433, PRO-528 and the PRO-2051 models.

All customers that pre-ordered should have received an email with details about the beta version. If you pre-ordered and did not receive the email please contact us by email.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.