RadioShack's Pro-107 iSCAN can do ESK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I've had several people ask me if the new Pro-107 scanner can monitor Denver/Lakewood because of ESK and I would have to reply with, "I don't know yet." I finally got one into the store and found a moment to install the software, download all the updates, and load Denver into the playlist.

IT WORKS! It receives Denver and Lakewood's EDACS with ESK just fine.

RS now has a less expensivie solution to monitor Analog EDACS with ESK. It's $229.99 and SUPER simple to operate. All you have to do is press PLAY ;) Here are some pix to show it in action, and one to show off how tiny it is.

Attachments

• CIMG0268.jpg
    CIMG0268.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3,830
  • CIMG0271.jpg
    CIMG0271.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,770

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
It's a real scanner. It comes pre-loaded with the RR.com database. You look in the radios library, find want you want to monitor, load it, and it works. Ta-Da! Play is like scan.

Kevin_N

Also, wondering if it is made by GRE?

And can you manually make changes if you want to or do you have to just use the database?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Yes it's made by GRE - and all of the questions here have been answered in the dedicated Pro-107 thread.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
It sure looks like fun, I have a couple on-order.

Jim<

It's an absolute blast to play with and it supplements my digital scanners very nicely. I keep it running in the background and have eliminated all analog out of my current digital scanners. Works out great :)

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
The price is certainly right, nice to see and appears it includes a nice cold Pepsi also a very nice touch.

Jim<

scannerfreak

Database Admin
In the event that systems change, how easy is it to update?

The built in RR DB will be updated every 7 to 10 days or so. Anything that changes in the actual DB will also be changed in the new radio library update.

Ah..forget it.
Sometimes a simple "yes" or "no" will suffice...

If you read rdale's reply he tells you all the answers you wanted could be easily found in the Pro-107 sticky thread. You could have had your own answer in less then 5 minutes :) Sometimes some simple self research will also suffice..

Last edited:

eyes00only

How's the sound quality? I personally don't see what is wrong with asking a question here. It wouldn't be much fun if the only answers were "Check Elsewhere".

JK

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Nothing wrong with asking here, but to get upset because no one anwsered a question hours later that one could have found out themselves in as little as 5 min is a little over the top.

The audio is great. Real loud and crisp. No membership is needed to update the library :)

Status
Not open for further replies.