Radioworld is coming to Calgary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

multisync

I received a email from GPS Central asking me if I wanted to continue receiving newsletters. As soon as I saw they were now Radioworld I hit the unsubscribe link only to be asked why.

My response,
I didn't realize Radioworld was now GPS Central. I won't do business with Radioworld due to the poor customer reviews so I won't be doing business with GPS Central anymore.

I guess they lost business in the GTA and needed to branch out so they can lose more customers from the west.

SCPD

QRT
I received a email from GPS Central asking me if I wanted to continue receiving newsletters. As soon as I saw they were now Radioworld I hit the unsubscribe link only to be asked why.

My response,

I didn't realize Radioworld was now GPS Central. I won't do business with Radioworld due to the poor customer reviews so I won't be doing business with GPS Central anymore.

I guess they lost business in the GTA and needed to branch out so they can lose more customers from the west.

I totally agree....won't even put another dime into buying something there. I can't believe they can get away with people treating people like that!!!

SCPD

QRT
But I thought Radioworld was joining up with GPS Central [or the other way around] so won't be in competition with each other. But I wonder just how big the amateur radio part will be.
I'm surprised anyone would risk a bricks and mortar store front with all the competition from online especially when it comes to pricing
I know of a few radio retail outlet stores in two major US cities are struggling facing the juggernaut of online sales
I don't mind a few points markup on a product but on average 10% just because it's in Canada and you can pick it up and maybe open the box. Don't preach to me warranty or customer service aspect, I had bad experience with two stores in Canada might as well ordered from China

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I did visit the store this afternoon, and it was fun to actually see the radios and play with them [as in see the display and controls, size]. I wasn't going to buy anything so didn't price anything out. They do have a lot of ham related items. Didn't see any staff from the old GPS Central. But it does give one another place to look locally and compare prices. I do prefer to shop and buy locally.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Never had a problem with RadioWorld in North York. Sales and Service have both been good. The one time I bought a used radio that turned out to be defective, they replaced it with another and threw in a 500Hz CW filter for my troubles.

awstott

I stopped in at the store earlier in the month and was really impressed. It's nice to have a real radio store in the province. I was really impressed with the displays and the amount of gear that you could twiddle the knobs and stuff on. I have never had an issue with radio world from Ontario.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

smason

I agree, it's nice to have a store, especially one this large with this amount of stock.
I would consider them if/when I'm in the market for a radio, but I will do the math, and decide at the time, adding a "convenience factor" of having it now.

VE6BRW

Am I missing something? looked at Radioworlds website and don't see any address or phone number or contact info for the Calgary store, I even sent an email asking about those things and to date have still not received anything from them not even an acknowledgement of the email.... Hmmmm interesting.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think you can call the GPS Central number if you need to get in touch with them.

smason

Yeah, I would have thought they'd have a website done by now, but it still redirects to gpscentral.com.
I hope they're going to take the radio side seriously. When I was there the 2 employees that were there had zero knowledge. Apparently the "radio guy" was off sick that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.