• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

radius M400 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt6488

Premium Subscriber
hi one more issue im using an old laptop with window 98 dos based to program a old radius m400 / maratrac ans keep getting a no acknowledgment error, ive read that DOS 3.0 or older is the only way to do this if so i will just get another old laptop and set it up just for the oler radios

Last edited:

ffemt6488

Premium Subscriber
ok thanks i tried originaly using windows Xp and DOS box then i got an older PC it worked better for some of the kenwood ,vertex,and some of the newer motorolas

cmdrwill

Check the RSS version. The listed versions run on Pentium computers in REAL DOS....

M400 HVN-9774E
Maratrac RVN-4023G Jul-98

ffemt6488

Premium Subscriber
ive got a dumb question is it possible to run dos box on a dos based computer the reason im asking is that in dos box you can turn the clock cycles down slow enough to be able to run the program

WX9EMS

Dos Box runs in Windows, not in DOS, so that isn't an option. What are the specs of your older PC? I haven't programmed a MaraTrac in several years, but the last I did it was with a Toshiba Portege 7200 with a Pentium III, in which the processor can be slowed down in the BIOS to run the older software. Serial ports are a MUST! USB to serial port converters do not work! Keep you eyes open for an old clunker and you usually can pick them up on the cheap and they work great. This one was built around the Win95/98 Era or so.

Google "Mo-Slo" (or a variant of it). Mo-Slo is a program for slowing down the processor of newer computers. There may be other software out there as well. You'll know when your PC is generally too fast, you might get a "divide by zero error" or something like it or it just does not work when executing the RSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.