Radnor PD Channel 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squrt43

Greetings All,

I have been monitoring Delco Sector 2 and listening to Radnor PD's 76 cars. Maybe on 10 or so occasions, I hear Delcom telling only the 76 cars to "switch to" or "give it to me" on "Channel 7" or "7". Does anybody know what frequency "7" is or anything about this.

My first thought was maybe it was another Radnor car asking another Radnor car to switch back to their old channel, but it's Delcom that's asking them, and I doubt Delcom would be utilizing Radnor's former radio system to carry out transmissions.

Any advice on this topic would be appreciated.

DELCOLHFC

Ditto on Ben's info and I am also hearing that Delcom/Fireboard may be shaking things up and realigning channel assignments later this year or early next.

ctrabs74

DELCOLHFC said:
Ditto on Ben's info and I am also hearing that Delcom/Fireboard may be shaking things up and realigning channel assignments later this year or early next.

This is due in part to Ridley Twp PD dispatch functions being taken over by Delcom. Don't know how that'll affect Fireboard, but I was under the initial impression that they might've used the existing Ridley channels the same way they use Upper Darby's channels for PD/FD dispatch.

DELCOLHFC

ctrabs74 said:
This is due in part to Ridley Twp PD dispatch functions being taken over by Delcom. Don't know how that'll affect Fireboard, but I was under the initial impression that they might've used the existing Ridley channels the same way they use Upper Darby's channels for PD/FD dispatch.

The story I'm getting is that Ridley fire will join everyone else currently on Ch.7 with the exception of Chester who will be moved to Ch.8. Of course all this is still just "planned" and nothing is firm yet to my understanding. I will try to hunt down some more answers from the 911 center this week. I don't really listen to the Coppers much but will also try to get some of their upcomming changes confirmed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.