Rag Chew Group For Amateur Ops/Hams

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4KNJ

Feed Provider
I am trying to start a late night rag chew group using the SCHEART system....if you can get into one of the repeaters listed on their website then please do so and use DTMF *71 to link your repeater to the Conference back-up reflecter....the Rag chew late night insomniac group will start @ 11pm nightly and continue upwards til 5 or 6am EST...come join us if you can.....hope to hear you all there

K4KNJ

Feed Provider
Bob we have had moderate success with this....One night we was lucky and had 5 repeaters linked to us throughout the state by operators...Last Night we was giving the opportunity to hold a State Wide rag chew....Needless to say we hit it off with a bang....we had 42 repeaters linked on VHF and UHF....We had upstate members and low country members as well as NC in here as well....it was awesome...and do you know how to use the SCHEART system??

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I have heard a lot of late night talking recently, I guess that was yall lol, I will jump in next time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

K4KNJ

Feed Provider
Caesar...only way you could hear us talking is to link to the conference back-up reflector using *71.....other then that I don't know how you would have heard us but yes by all means jump in with us and lets talk it up....K4KNJ

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I can hear/hit about 5 or 6 SC Heart Repeaters from my house, so one of them may have been linked to the conf. main. or of course on the weekends all of them are linked...

K4KNJ

Feed Provider
Caesar ONLY the UHF SCHEART repeaters are linked on the weekends...the VHF are still stand alone repeaters but we do not connect to Conference main...Instead we connect to Conference Back-up...so even during the weekend you wouldn't hear us unless you linked the 146.715 repeater to Conference back-up...We could ragchew statewide on the weekends UHF and VHF but...we like having people connect to us this way everyone would have to talk at least once every 10 mins or their repeater will drop from the link...so it encourages members to talk...Hope to catch you there...

Status
Not open for further replies.