Rage Against the Machine -- Unplanned March

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

The Rage concert let out at the Coliseum at 3:00pm. The entire gathering is marching towards the Pepsi Center. Organizers say a sit-in is planned at the Pepsi Center and they are prepared for arrest.
Numbers are approximately 3,000. Brighton Blvd ramps closed at this time. Units are mobilizing, staged and in full riot gear. Air One is up. Units preparing for marchers in downtown.

O/F: Denver 800 -- District 2 -- Expect District 6 and District 1 Metro SWAT A -- some traffic on NARC2 as well. Patching 1 and 2 now.

U/D: 1620 Crowd is estimated at 4,000 - Crossing 29th and Brighton. Approaching underpass -- headed down Broadway.

U/D: 1630 Route will be down Broadway to Arapahoe to Speer to the Pepsi Center. Reports of FBI agents masking up. Command 7 saying allowing marchers to Pepsi PDA. (Freedom Cage)
30 Riot Units unloaded at 15th and Market.

U/D: 1640 Command reporting parties on bicycles carrying black flags, all with backpacks shadowing the parade route. Reporting now that marchers are arming themselves with rocks.

U/D: 1700 Moving through 20th and Arapahoe.

U/D: 1719 Hotel units now going on lockdown.
U/D: 1725 March lead turning onto Speer from Arapahoe. Tail at 16th. (I'm thinking it's a good thing that they made it through downtown without an issue so far.)

U/D: 1730 Agency wide just issued a warning about protesters armed with projectiles and slingshots. Protesters carrying signs with 2/4"s attached. SWAT A states back end of the parade has protesters armed with rifles. (RIFLES?) Possibly bb-guns.

U/D: 1738 Air One reporting bingo fuel.

U/D: 1750 Suddenly very quiet. Protest heading through Auraria campus followed by a Veterans Against the War Van. Officers now stopping the van.

U/D: 1800 Tail just passing the Tivoli. Reports of protesters masking up. Auraria PD clearing the parking structures at 8th and Walnut. MPU's inbound. Reports of protesters headed to the top of the parking structures. Now also on Auraria PD on DTRS. Auraria PD reporting that they have no officers to assist.

U/D: 1822: Now have another group forming Westbound 15th at Cleveland.

U/D: 1827: The large group from Cleveland are all on bicycles and are now at Lawrence.

U/D: 1830: Protesters reportedly yelling that they will engage the police civilly and they are masking up. Teams preparing for confrontation.

U/D: 1850: Reporting peaceful protest. Not anticipating action at this time. Crowd is dispersing slowly ... sounds like everything was handled quite well.(Hooray for both sides)

***U/D 1921: Of course I spoke too soon. Division 3 now dealing with Mass at 16th and Wazee.

Last edited:

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
What are they protesting? The democrats in general or the entire political process!!! Oh yea, just dawned on me, are they Hillary supporters!

ch40n1k

What are they protesting? The democrats in general or the entire political process!!! Oh yea, just dawned on me, are they Hillary supporters!

Sounds to me like they are protesting the war. This march is being led by Veterans. (Hillary doesn't have 4000 supporters in this town)

Last edited:

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Wow, anti-war protesters at a democratic national convention! I figured they were there to support Billary! I can certainly understand them showing up at the Republican convention next week, but it seems like getting arrested in a sit in in Denver would be kind of a waste. Their antics certainly haven't got any national news coverage in our area. Are they all hippies from the western slope? If so, keep them!!!

Mark

*Raised in Hotchkiss, 60 miles southeast of Grand Junction; God's country, and NO, you can't have our water!!!

Icebear1

Am I the only one who thinks that all those protest groups just signed up to mess with the Law Enforcement? They where talking 20-50,000 protesters. Yet the biggest I heard was maybe 400 people.

ch40n1k

Am I the only one who thinks that all those protest groups just signed up to mess with the Law Enforcement? They where talking 20-50,000 protesters. Yet the biggest I heard was maybe 400 people.

This particular march was gauged at 3,000 to 3,500 actually.

Icebear1

This particular march was gauged at 3,000 to 3,500 actually.

Ok sorry, but it's still less then what was being said before the DNC happend. LEO's I know where being told 20-30,000 protesters, kind of makes you wonder. What if you held a protest, and no one showed up? :lol:

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
The nut cases are out in force this week at the Republican National Convention. Funny how a supposidely peaceful anti-war demonstration can become violent, with windows being broken and nutcases assaulting police then getting sprayed with industrial sized pepper spray cannons. This is the only part of the demonstration being shown on national TV. Kind of defeats the purpose of a peaceful march you would think! I wish we had had those huge pepper spray guns back in the early days of the Texas/Oklahoma University football game rallys in Dallas. I might not have worn out several PR-24s!

Status
Not open for further replies.