rail road monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

yungchin

what do you mean? just program the 160 and 161 mhz frequencies in your scanner and there you go man

yungchin

put your scanner in the search mode and use the arrows that goes up and down and you are bound to come across the railroad frequencies in your area if you keep doing that. go up and down in 161 and 160 mhz in the search mode.

StephenVa

I have the freqs. I've even downloaded them from the database here. Just not getting anything for some reason.

yungchin

you gotta keep doing it,if you don't come across it tonight try the next day and so on. it didn't take me no time to come across the railroad frequencies when i first tried 7yrs ago.

StephenVa

I'm thinking it could be my antenna. Or I have something wrong when I'm uploading them to the scanner with ProScan. Not sure.

yungchin

well like i said i didn't have no problem finding the railroad and i don't live in a very big town.and when i went up to my sister house in ft.worth tx man the railroad frequencies were booming big time.

yungchin

well hey man you can find any kind of cheap rubber duck antenna if the one you have not working right! i wouldn't depend on pro-scan stuff to much i would do it like i did do it. putting the scanner in search mode like i already told ya.

StephenVa

Put up an ST2 and can hear them now. I think I'll add another 10 feet of mast next week and call it quits for now.

cifn2

Feed Provider
Antenna height is key for railroad operations and reception! Enjoy it while we still can before they go digital.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Living near the tracks is no guarantee you'll hear the trains. There are many reasons why they don't transmit within your radio range, mostly because they have nothing to say. I live within a stone's throw of CSX and never heard a peep. At the southern end of the New Jersey Transit North Jersey Coast line all I hear are Brielle (permission on the Bay Head running track) and some Bay Head Yard chatter but it's better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.