Railroad Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

magwave

I have been searching for the frequencies used by the Northern Ohio and Western RR in Tiffin, OH. I can't seem to find any data. I know this was once part of the Indiana Hi-Rail system. Any help would be appreciated.

magwave

Thanks. I have searched the database on this site and searched the FCC database with no success. I am hoping someone would have these freqs. programmed into their gear already.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I did a quick search in Seneca county and the only listings were for NS and CSX in the rail band.

Without a bunch of local knowledge, anywhere I could proceed would be little more than a wild goose chase.

Sometimes shortlines and switching companies use frequencies outside of the traditional Railroad bands, and sometimes they're not even VHF at all.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

yungchin

well union pacific is the main thing thats runs through downtown here in my hometown of waco,tx.every now then norfolk southern will come through town.the train dispatch will say what kind of train coming through.the dispatch will say the name of the train and the number of it and the track its on.but we only have the maintrack waco sub-division track that runs through downtown waco.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
well union pacific is the main thing thats runs through downtown here in my hometown of waco,tx.every now then norfolk southern will come through town.the train dispatch will say what kind of train coming through.the dispatch will say the name of the train and the number of it and the track its on.but we only have the maintrack waco sub-division track that runs through downtown waco.

There is two subdivisions through town, and even that NS train that you saw is UP crews on board as NS doesn't run in Texas.

What you're hearing is the dispatcher issuing Track Warrants on the Waco Sub. You won't hear much from the others because that is all CTC.

yungchin

railfan/railroad

well thanks for informing me about the other tracks and about ns burner! because i was wondering about that when i heard that train dispatcher say ns.because most of time here far as trains its been up. then i heard the ringling brothers circus train coming through one time too.but i like to monitor the railroad and can use your help. i been off into radios scanners etc for 10yrs,but new to rr and the rules.but once again thanks because i will need your help on monitoring the railroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.