Raleigh FF in Critical Condition after Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I know not everyone here is in Raleigh (or from Central NC) but please keep one of our Bravest Lt Kissinger and his family in your thoughts and prayers...Flip is a role model FF, and most importantly Husband and Father. He is the type of guy that you admire and strive to be more like. I will update this thread with any updated info I receive.
Thanks.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Legeros Raleigh Wake FF Blog Link

Raleigh Firefighter in Critical Condition After Vehicle Accident

Harry P. "Flip" Kissinger IV, a Lieutenant with the Raleigh Fire Department, was seriously injured in a motor-vehicle accident this morning. He was driving home from his shift at Station 6 when his pick-up was struck by a school bus on Ligon Mill Road near Louisburg Road. The collison occurred about 6:30 a.m., with the bus crushing the cab of his truck. Kissinger was trapped in the wreckage for about 45 minutes, and transported to WakeMed. He suffered significant injuries, including head trauma. Family, friends, firefighters, and other responders are in vigil at WakeMed, and await word on Kissinger's condition. We're here for you, Flip, and we're pulling for you. Read the press release. News coverage includes WRAL, WTVD, NBC 17, and News & Observer.

2009-12-04-flip.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.