Raleigh's Automated Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Not sure if this is old news or there is already a thread but i was in Raleigh today and listening to FD and EMS, its like FD has a person dispatching and for EMS a computer does it all, dictates everything pretty well, unless i have it backwards but i find it pretty awesome dont you think? pretty neat, just enter the information and wake em up!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I've heard the female voice referred to as "Locutia". :D

Yep, that's the nickname.
The joke (perpetuated by Wake Co FFs) is that Johnston Co FFs
thought she was a real person and wanted to ask her out on dates. :lol:
Marshall KE4ZNR

WA4MJF

Once in a while it is a live male or female dispatching on fire. Don't know why, in normal
times, but have been told it is to train them to do manual dispatching. We had a CAD
upgrade a couple of months ago and it was all live for a couple of days. You can tell the
difference though.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
oh gosh sorry marshall, i made a bad call on not searching lol, apparently im failing on my vB bulletin skills here being a moderator for another major gaming website, i forget "the search feature" but well it was just random to me when i was in raleigh i had my saber with me and i was listening to Raleighs fire and ems, funny as you said the FF's in Johnston wants to date the dispatcher that wasnt real lol

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Once in a while it is a live male or female dispatching on fire. Don't know why, in normal
times, but have been told it is to train them to do manual dispatching. We had a CAD
upgrade a couple of months ago and it was all live for a couple of days. You can tell the
difference though.

There are a few reasons that RWECC goes back to "human" dispatching instead of Locution:
1) Upgrading locution server software
2) Dispatches that need immediate updated info
Other than that Locution will always be primary source
of dispatching.
Also: Wake County Fire & EMS units will never respond back on the VHF Alert Frequencies. The VHF Alert Freqs are one way dispatching only and RWECC does not monitor the VHF Freqs.
All communication is handled over 800Mhz.
Marshall KE4ZNR

WA4MJF

They can monitor the voice page channel, but the alpha channel would be useless to monitor
as the stations don't have transmitters on that frequency. In fact, when they were testing the
manual pages in preparation for the CAD upgrade, most stations answered on 154.19 and
Wake Central replied. Our department can also set off our voice pagers from the station. I
don't know if other kept that ability or not.

NCFire11

I hear it all of the time while listening to Raleigh/Wake Fire dispatch...sounds awesome although we will never get it over in Franklin Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.