Rally planned for Downtown LA on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesDom

Another large rally is planned for downtown LA again. Remember the fiasco that happened last year when the police beat up innocent bystanders and news reporters? Well supposedly they're better prepaired this year, went through extensive training.

Lets see if anything happens this time, hopefully the protesters will behave. I'll be listening in.

I also heard that they have a new communications device. It's a little electronic device about the size of an iPod, that attaches to a loud speaker. It's programmed in several different languages with "please clear the area" and possibly some other instructions. Interesting, hope it works.

IanS

"when the police beat up innocent bystanders and news reporters?"

Do you mean when people were instructed to disperse and did not? When the police in riot gear tell you to leave and you do not, they make you leave. That is what they do. If you do not leave when you are told, you are not innocent.

I like this board because the members for the most part are very knowledgeable and keep the political/social commentary to themselves. I fail to see how your comment has anything to do with communications or radio monitoring. It looks like you are just trying to stir up the pot. Just like those protesters last year were doing.

karldotcom

No, he means the folks that held a parade without a permit? Dock workers have walked off their jobs, ports closed on the West Coast.

Now, for some frequencies.

507.1125 Central Tac 1
484.7875 Central Tac 2

http://www.knbc.com/newsraw/index.html

will be editing this post as more come in.

1226pm incident commander just read this to be put in the log: "Victor Navarro was told to contact Miguel Guzman not to start rogue march or commit unlawful acts at conclusion of rally at 1st and Broadway"

159pm Idaho 20 providing downlink video to Incident Commander....Shamu is the tac ship-Air 8 (one of the new b/w helos)

203pm Glendale Air 1 monitoring crowd Broadway/Brand.......208pm crowd mistakes post office for Glendale City Hall....ICIS TG32912

Last edited:

dgower

Premium Subscriber
I agree with IanS, this kind of commentary needs to be kept to ones-self.

"Remember the fiasco that happened last year when the police beat up innocent bystanders and news reporters?"

That is, sadly and CLEARLY an opinion gained by staring, slack-jawed and drooling, at some TV news reports, believing them as if they were carved in stone and brought down from the mountain.

Hopefully, the protesters WILL behave, because when protestors behave,

THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS!!

Funny how that works, isn't it??

I'm surprised at how BAD OCB TAC1 and TAC2 (channels 36 and 37) sound in Monterey Park! I'm using an XTS5000 and it's almost unusable!

CharlesDom

IanS said:
"when the police beat up innocent bystanders and news reporters?"

Do you mean when people were instructed to disperse and did not? When the police in riot gear tell you to leave and you do not, they make you leave. That is what they do. If you do not leave when you are told, you are not innocent.

I like this board because the members for the most part are very knowledgeable and keep the political/social commentary to themselves. I fail to see how your comment has anything to do with communications or radio monitoring. It looks like you are just trying to stir up the pot. Just like those protesters last year were doing.

Dude you got it all wrong. I'm not the kind to stir up trouble. I didn't mention anything controversial such as race or politics, you brought up politics. My only point was monitoring on my scanner what was going on with the protest. Take a chill pill and don't make me out to be the bad guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.