Ralston Fire TNF Foresthill

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirkenVogt

A little late but here is what I know:

Command: TNF Fire Net: 168.175

Air Tactics: Air Tactics 3: 169.2

Knowing these guys, they will be using for ground tactical from most to least probable (but I never heard any announcement):
NIFC Tac 2: 168.2
NIFC Tac 1: 168.05
NIFC Tac 3: 168.6

Also I would suspect these:
USFS Air-Ground (California): 170.0
CDF Air-Ground: 151.22

Birken

BirkenVogt

The fire is still burning pretty good and structure protection has been ordered. Evacuations have begun

Structure group: White Fire 3: 154.295

If anybody has anything more I would be interested in knowing. I can't hear it very well from here. The news has been strangely quiet about it although I suspect with the evacuations they might pay it more attention now.

Birken

mkewman

there was a TON of smoke in south placer county (roseville/rocklin) area last night.

anyone have a stream of the tac? i can't quite pick it up where i am, (staying in nevada city tonight)

BirkenVogt

I think they are using one of the portable command repeaters now

NIFC/USFS Command 3: 168.075

I hear bits and pieces of that though I am not positive that's what it is. But it has been awful quiet over here for a going fire that is located on a ridge top so they must have changed something.

I have not heard much traffic on TNF Fire Net for a couple days.

Birken

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
Radio activity

I would guess the frequencies changed to whatever the Incident Command Team uses, the activity on the usual USFS frequencies abruptly quit on day 2.

USFS Command 3, 168.075 is getting a fair amount of use - Ops to Air Tac, Air Tac to Ground, divisions to branch, etc. A lot of chatter here is simplex ("direct") rather than on a repeater. There seem to be 2 repeater sites, I am about 15 miles NW of the incident and I get both a very weak repeater and a very strong one.

I'm not hearing the Air Tac to tankers and/or helicopters - if anyone out there has figured this one, please post!

Also, Logistics 4 (417.300) is in use for - yes - logistics... :)

Last edited:

Tweekerbob

davedaver1 said:
I would guess the frequencies changed to whatever the Incident Command Team uses, the activity on the usual USFS frequencies abruptly quit on day 2.

USFS Command 3, 168.075 is getting a fair amount of use - Ops to Air Tac, Air Tac to Ground, divisions to branch, etc. A lot of chatter here is simplex ("direct") rather than on a repeater. There seem to be 2 repeater sites, I am about 15 miles NW of the incident and I get both a very weak repeater and a very strong one.

I'm not hearing the Air Tac to tankers and/or helicopters - if anyone out there has figured this one, please post!

Also, Logistics 4 (417.300) is in use for - yes - logistics... :)

Air Tactics on 170.5125 (NFM)
Helos 136.400 (AM) Victor Net

BirkenVogt

Sounds like the fire is mostly heading north but information has been very sketchy. At this point anything can happen, it could lay down and die or it could really get up and run, nobody really knows.

Also I am monitoring an injury that occurred and they told the CHP helicopter that is doing the extraction to use 169.0875 which I do not have any record of existing. Also 168.025 referenced in another thread, again I have no record of that previously.

Birken

Last edited:

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I found they are also using 169.0875 for air-ground.

CHP H-24 is responding as of 1715 hrs to lift out 3 injured firefighters with hip and leg injuries, apparently from a rock slide. Calstar is heading to Georgetown airport for patient transport.

Dave

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
MCIAD said:
How about an update for the fire? I have relatives in Swansboro about 10 miles south of the fire. Nothing but trees and brush between them and the fire.

Michael, the best resource for you is http://inciweb.org/incident/481 which has recent information and maps posted.

The Swansboro airport is about 16 miles on a line south of the incident - it will probably not get there! The fire is burning mostly east, they are working on holding the north and south edges at the river boundaries.

Best,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.