Ramsey County Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

8VSB

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have information of the changes that just occurred in Ramsey County? So far it appears to be related to new countywide "Ops Channels" that fire is using. New "OPS5" appears to be Talkgroup 11640

fwfdengine2

*RAMSEY COUNTY FIRE COMMUNICATION RADIO CHANGES*

-As of right now, the following changes ARE IN EFFECT for ALL Ramsey County Fire Departments, yes, even Saint Paul.

"All Rmsy Co FD Radios:

Channel 1: Ramsey County Fire Administration
Channel 2: (Saint Paul FD: "Fire South (Old Ramsey Fire West) - Dispatch") (All other County FD's: "Fire North (Old Ramsey Fire East) - Dispatch")
Channel 3: All Medical Units to MRCC
--ALL Ramsey County FD's will be using these Channels, multiple Departments will be utilizing the same channel at the same time--
Channel 4: Co Fire "Ops 4"
Channel 5: Co Fire "Ops 5"
Channel 6: Co Fire "Ops 6"
Channel 7: Co Fire "Ops 7"
Channel 8: Co Fire "Ops 8"
Channel 9: Co Fire "Ops 9"
Channel 10: Co Fire "Ops 10"
--Ramsey County Pool Channels "R-Pool"
Channel 11: Ramsey Pool 1
Channel 12: Ramsey Pool 2
Channel 13: Ramsey Pool 3
Channel 14: Ramsey Pool 4

Channel 15: Fire North (On City of SPFD Radio's) and Fire South (On County Fire Departments)

Channel 16: Some sort of Emergency Channel

Information from Ryan Olsen

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
*RAMSEY COUNTY FIRE COMMUNICATION RADIO CHANGES*

-As of right now, the following changes ARE IN EFFECT for ALL Ramsey County Fire Departments, yes, even Saint Paul.

"All Rmsy Co FD Radios:

Channel 1: Ramsey County Fire Administration
Channel 2: (Saint Paul FD: "Fire South (Old Ramsey Fire West) - Dispatch") (All other County FD's: "Fire North (Old Ramsey Fire East) - Dispatch")
Channel 3: All Medical Units to MRCC
--ALL Ramsey County FD's will be using these Channels, multiple Departments will be utilizing the same channel at the same time--
Channel 4: Co Fire "Ops 4"
Channel 5: Co Fire "Ops 5"
Channel 6: Co Fire "Ops 6"
Channel 7: Co Fire "Ops 7"
Channel 8: Co Fire "Ops 8"
Channel 9: Co Fire "Ops 9"
Channel 10: Co Fire "Ops 10"
--Ramsey County Pool Channels "R-Pool"
Channel 11: Ramsey Pool 1
Channel 12: Ramsey Pool 2
Channel 13: Ramsey Pool 3
Channel 14: Ramsey Pool 4

Channel 15: Fire North (On City of SPFD Radio's) and Fire South (On County Fire Departments)

Channel 16: Some sort of Emergency Channel

Information from Ryan Olsen

I was wondering if someone was going to post what I had posted on Facebook- thanks! Well guys and gals, for us Buffs, this just means we will have to listen a bit closer. ;-)

I was told from a Friend (Capt. on SPFD) that he believes Ops 4 and 5 are for Still Alarm (One Company) Responses. And Ops 6-10 are for Fire's... But, that is yet to be confirmed.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
If anyone can figure out the Ops Channels being used, I think they may be in numerical order, the Talkgroup ID's..

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info, was wondering why i was suddenly hearing St Paul fire dispatches when I didnt have them turned on. Are St Pauls old TGs not in use now?

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Thanks for the info, was wondering why i was suddenly hearing St Paul fire dispatches when I didnt have them turned on. Are St Pauls old TGs not in use now?

Correct - I just received the S.P.F.D. Radio Fleet Map, non of the old ones are in the set-up. Only the New ones.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Will someone be submitting a change to the RR database to reflect this new stuff?

That would be helpful to me on my next trip up that way.

Thanks!

stmills

Ryan,
The comment that people in the metro area don't submit much, was directed at me for speaking up about why I stopped sending submissions to the database. I have been clear in my statements that I do not make submissions to the RR database since confirmed information was changed with in correct information. I have been accused of lying about this in posts from database management. I enjoy this hobby and do my best to help others get the correct information I post information to the forums and make my new finds available on my blog.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
Lying ? NO ! All I ever said was that i couldnt tell when or where it happened by looking at a lot of past submissions... I think I speak for most people on here that we all enjoy this hobby and its rather sad that that data was corrupted by who knows who... Maybe we could all just get back to the hobby and make it better for all...

stmills

When you state that you reviewed that database and what I am stating did not happen you are claiming I lied.
You stated in a PM that you did not make any changes - but when I review one of the systems in question the only ADMIN id associated with changes to it is NDRADIONUT so either you did make changes that are incorrect or your login has been used by other people.

I stand by my statements that the MN database has errors because valid information has been replaced and someone using the login of NDRADIONUT has entered this incorrect information into the database.

Again as I have stated before, I will help others identify the correct information for use in the Metro but since my hard work was eliminated from the RR database I will not submit my information to the database- but I am sure NDRADIONUT will take my postings on and enter them in as he already stated he does.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry that my post has stirred up a hornet's nest.

I like to think of myself as a serious hobbyist with family in the Minneapolis area. When I go visit, I bring an arsenal of scanners. The RR database is my only source of information on programming frequencies/talkgroups for this area.

Thus I appreciate the efforts of all involved who try to make the database as accurate as possible as it helps me to get the most of the hobby. I try to reciprocate by offering up suggestions for changes to the database for the Louisville KY area.

stmills

Ofd8001,
No need for you to worry, the sad part here is that when you asked about the database being updated- the newest info on Ramsey county was had been updated by NDRADIONUT from my blog, but instead of replying to you that he had put in the update- he takes a cheep shot and says the metro users don't submit updates.
Your request was completely legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.