Rancho Murieta Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Anyone monitor Rancho Murieta Security? SSD units were rolling to a call with them yesterday and the deputies were talking about being able to hear them on the Kenwood but were too far away to transmit to them.

I see the Rancho Murieta Community Services District has

Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional 151.8650 4 watts
Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional 151.9250 4 watts
Public Safety Pool, Conventional 153.8000 50 watts

clanusb

I know for a fact that Station 58, and Station 59 have an HT1000 thats VHF with 16 channels...
they have the following programed in for Rancho Muerita Security:
"RM SECUR" RX: 153.800 CTCSS: 88.5 TX: 153.800 CTCSS: 88.5

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I know for a fact that Station 58, and Station 59 have an HT1000 thats VHF with 16 channels...
they have the following programed in for Rancho Muerita Security:
"RM SECUR" RX: 153.800 CTCSS: 88.5 TX: 153.800 CTCSS: 88.5

Thank You.

Do you happen to know how active they are?

clanusb

I do not know actually. Im too far away to monitor them regularly. I know that during all of RM's special events they are always active, and they usually show up to the calls that fire gets, and tries to help them locate if need be. Other than that..it cant be too exciting...just the usual security detail for a gated community?

just out of curiosity...what does SSD use for VHF? and what do they have in it?

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
its a shame every patrol car in the state doesnt have a vhf mobile with 154.92 clemars (and the other clemars channels )

all you need for major incident interoperability

i guess telling a dept to put a vhf mobile in each car doesnt cost as much as the millions of dollars they have to shell out for "interoperability"

clanusb

Wouldn't CLEMARS only be for law enforcement?
Security isn't exactly law enforcement, especially with RM Security...its more of a community watch group I believe...?

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
could be used for ems fire police everybody

majority of fire depts (outside of major cities) usually are already on high band

rancho murieta security kind of outside the realm of public safety

cousinkix1953

Security isn't exactly law enforcement, especially with RM Security...its more of a community watch group I believe...?
FCC licenses covering law enforcement agencies and private security firms are not reciprocal. That doesn't mean that you won't find some of these agencies using illegal radios in violation of federal law. Remember this when you visit Santa Cruz. Security guards at the beach Boardwalk amusement park have been using the city police channels for decades. They don't even change their call signs (240-250) when switching from 152.315 mhz to those unauthorized frequencies!

On the other hand, anybody can use the CB radio and police cars were full of them in the 70s and 80s. Now every cop seems to have a cellular phone and there are virtually no laws against calling anybody they like...

akulahawk

Not exactly private security. Private security is regulated by the BSIS. The Rancho Murieta CSD is exempt from BSIS regulation.
could be used for ems fire police everybody

majority of fire depts (outside of major cities) usually are already on high band

rancho murieta security kind of outside the realm of public safety
Public Safety is exactly what they do.
Rancho Murieta Security - private civilian security officers.
Rancho Murieta :: Security
Not Private. Public Officers. If you interfere with their activities, you can be arrested and charged with violating PC 148. You can interfere with private security all you want, and you can't be charged with violating PC 148.
District Code said:
Penalty for Obstructing District Security Officer: Any person who
willfully interferes with a Security Patrol Officer in the performance of
his or her duties pursuant to Section 3.03 and/or 3.05 of this Code
may be punished by a fine, not exceeding one thousand dollars
($1,000), or by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one
year, or by both such fine and imprisonment, in accordance with the
provisions of Section 148 of the Penal Code.

FCC licenses covering law enforcement agencies and private security firms are not reciprocal. That doesn't mean that you won't find some of these agencies using illegal radios in violation of federal law. Remember this when you visit Santa Cruz. Security guards at the beach Boardwalk amusement park have been using the city police channels for decades. They don't even change their call signs (240-250) when switching from 152.315 mhz to those unauthorized frequencies!

On the other hand, anybody can use the CB radio and police cars were full of them in the 70s and 80s. Now every cop seems to have a cellular phone and there are virtually no laws against calling anybody they like...
The frequencies the FCC assigned are exactly and appropriately assigned. I've been listening to them for a long while now. They do get busy during holidays and major events though.

Status
Not open for further replies.