Randolph County freqs & ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmerrill

Does anyone happen to have Randolph Counties new talk group ID's? I know that they are begining to reband to 821.1000---868.8250, which leads to my next question, why does my uniden bct8 state (error) upon punching in the 821 (lower) fequencies? The site gives two seperate towers, one featuring only five of the requencies, and I believe the second shows around eleven, including thive I just mentioned. My scanner will only allow for the five upper frequencies to be entered. Of course this can be checked on this website under Randolph County North Carolina and the VIPER system they've switched to.Any help and/ or explaination would be most welcome. And thanks in advance to anyone who can provide ANY info reference same.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Moved out of Community Announcements to the North Carolina forum. Don't forget to check which forum you are in before creating a new thread. Thanks.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Randolph County has four active Viper Sites:

Sheperds Mountain
Staley
Cole Ridge
Ashboro DOT

As far as I know there has been no changing of Viper Frequencies yet.

When I worked for EMS up there the crews carried VHF pagers and were alerted to calls across county fire. The pagers were Motorola Spirit Pagers and they only alerted and stayed constant squelch till you reset them.

The EMS units had both VHF and UHF radios and the VHF didn't even have county fire installed. All it had was 155,220 Mhz, 155.280 Mhz and 155.340 Mhz

The crews carried Motorla HT-440 portables on Med 9

The EMS Bases has Motorola Alert Monitors to activate on Med 9.

Those were the days when Med 9 was open squelch and had to listen to both Mecklenburg and Cumberland Counties.

That was when I worked there in the 80's. I do know they still page EMS across county fire though.

As far as your question goes all rebanding of base or output frequencies begin as follows:

866 Mhz = 851 Mhz
867 Mhz = 852 Mhz
868 Mhz = 853 Mhz

Take the current base and subtract 15 Mhz and you will have the new rebanded frequency, The last four numbers will stay the same the first three is the only thing that changes.

The lower frequencies you were talking about in the 821 range are repeater input frequencies. They are not really worth programming in a scanner unless you are vey close to someone transmitting on a portable or mobile.

The best advice is program the base frequencies and you shouldn't have any problems.

By the way some departments like Julian,Guil-Rand and Climax are paged on both VHF 154.415 Mhz for Randolph County and both 46.500 Mhz and 453.750 Mhz for Guilford County

I talked with a Julian fireman that sells the Watchdog brand pager and he advised me that Randolph County was looking at going to a common paging frequency and after dispatch all traffic would be assigned to a Viper Tac Channel.

Hope this helps

David

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Isn't the BCT8 an analog only scanner? All of the Randolph talkgroups on viper are digital. Ck out the viper database. Voice Interoperability Plan for Emergency Responders (VIPER) Trunking System, Various, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies
Also none of the Randolph co sites have rebanded yet.

Yep. Not gonna be able to pick up the Randolph Co Talkgroups on a BCT8.
Well, you can pick them up but you will just hear digital noise and none of the voice
transmissions.
My Motto for this year and beyond: Wanna Monitor VIPER in NC? You have to have a digital voice capable scanner.
Marshall KE4ZNR

jbmerrill

big thanks

I appreciate all the advice, and I feel that the information provided by you is helpful. I was just wondering because I used to work for the Sheriff's Office up until last year until I switched to Thomasville, and I know that they already have the radios in most of the cars and will shortly be issuing portables. They should be off the 453-4750 as a primary and on to the VIPER within the next couple of months. I still live in the area and enjoy listening to all my friends but sounds like I need to update my equipment. Thanks again for the help and just advise futher reference to the ID's so I can jot them down so when I upgrade, I'll be ready.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I appreciate all the advice, and I feel that the information provided by you is helpful. I was just wondering because I used to work for the Sheriff's Office up until last year until I switched to Thomasville, and I know that they already have the radios in most of the cars and will shortly be issuing portables. They should be off the 453-4750 as a primary and on to the VIPER within the next couple of months. I still live in the area and enjoy listening to all my friends but sounds like I need to update my equipment. Thanks again for the help and just advise futher reference to the ID's so I can jot them down so when I upgrade, I'll be ready.

We are glad you decided to join us :)
Please feel free to stick around as we will continue to provide info as we
receive it. And if you find verified info for your local area that is different than
what we show in the database please click on the "Submit" button at the top
of the page and help us make the database more accurate.
Thanks again and Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.