• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Random Squeltching

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfdrick5488

Hello, well first off I want to apologize for this long question I have and it is going to be hard to follow.
The problem @ hand: When the 2 repeaters are patched together via radio, random squelch bursts occur, of which only one side hears and the other does not.
Hello I am on a Fire Department that uses two dispatch centers. When we are on are own frequency in the daytime with our own dispatchers there is not a single issue that occurs. At night time when we lose our dispatchers and turn over to a full time dispatch center the repeater is patched into the full time dispatch center’s repeater via radio. Some days no issues occur and other days we experience Random bursts of squelch that have no rhyme or reason of occurring.
We have had multiple technicians come and look into the issue with no resolution. We are both on a UHF platform. “Our” repeater is a Kenwood NXR-8102 and “Their” repeater is a Motorola of some model using a patch radio as a Motorola as well.
Has anyone ever had a similar situation happen?? Completely lost here.

First, are you sure your repeater is a NXR-8102? Kenwood makes a mobile unit that is a TK-8102 and a repeater NXR-810. But anyway, I can only assume you are using your Nexedge repeater in analog. Do you guys have Nexedge portable and mobile radios by any chance, just wondering. You say multiple technicians have came to look at it. Did the communications company who put the patch in come and look at it? Did these other "technicians" work for a reputable communications company as well? Are these repeater locations in the same county? I wonder if you can provide the frequencies of each repeater and the frequency for the link radio and if it is simplex or a duplex patch. Does the squelch happen randomly and not the result after a keyup? You can PM me if you don't want it public.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.