Rangers Ballpark

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been receiving transmissions from the Ballpark in Arlington lately? I used to pick them up great, then within the last month or so, nothing... Nada.

Has something changed and/or the database here not updated?

Just curious if anyone knew.

Thanks!

af5rn

Good question. I too got them loud and clear and even scanned them at the Astros game a couple weeks ago. But two days later, nothing. I thought maybe my programming corrupted or something. :confused:

BTW, I just got back from Kalifornia a few hours ago, so I'll be able to start listening for them again.

bpckty1

I wonder if they went to Mototrbo. After all, a part owner of the team is going to be unemployed in a few months, and maybe they are getting ready for his return.

;^>

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if they went to Mototrbo. After all, a part owner of the team is going to be unemployed in a few months, and maybe they are getting ready for his return.

;^>

Can't say that I understand... If this is about Bush, I don't believe he owns any part of the team these days (I could be wrong). Ironically, my cousin was a minority owner back in those days too...

bpckty1

It was a Bush comment. He may have a "blind trust ownership" in the team. I'm just wondering if he is aiming for Commmissioner of Baseball after he completes his term.

;^>

But, since Mototrbo is, for now, unscannable, it may be a possibility that this is why the freqs cannot be received.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
If it was Mototrbo, you would at least be able to verify by listening to the channel in a conventional mode. You would hear what sounds like high-speed data.

bpckty1

Well, I guess someone will have to force him/herself to go to a Rangers game.

;^>

Linn

They are still on the LTR system. I was at the game last night, and heard several of the talkgroups active. I saw ushers and security carrying HT 1250's which are the same radios they have been using for a while.

Linn

VictorXray

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Really, it would make no sense if The Ballpark switched from LTR to Mototrbo. LTR supports multiple talkgroups and as many simultaneous transmissions as they have repeaters. Mototrbo only allows 2 transmissions per repeater (debatable if the audio quality is worse than P25) and no trunking across multiple repeaters.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Well.. I am picking up the ballpark now, but not using the talkgroups here in the database. Just tuned into the freq. They are coming through loud and clear. Talk groups show "Finding Control Channel"

Last edited:

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Scantenna ST2 on my BCT15...

What is strange is the fact that I picked it up fine for quite some time...then all of a sudden, nada. It very well could just be a range thing and I was just lucky for a while...

af5rn

Propagation is weird lately though. I am getting a lot of skip-style distant transmissions. Just this morning I heard the Crawford (where the Bush ranch is, near Waco) fire department. And remember, I'm using a mobile mag mount indoors! But all that distant stuff seems to come and go, so that's probably what was going on with the Ballpark too.

Thanks for the update! It's good to know they haven't moved off that LTR system. Once I get my 12 element yagi up, I should be able to get them consistently! :D

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
I am waiting on that Lucent amp to come in... I plan to rebroadcast my attic Yagi inside so I can pick it up with my other scanners. Right now my 396 is connected to the Yagi 800 and while it works well, It limits me a bit. I am hoping that I can now use a different internal antenna inside on it and still take advantage of the Yagi for the distant 800 stuff. Worth a shot for $45...

Status
Not open for further replies.