Rankin County Volunteer Fire Department Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am a volunteer firefighter with Cleary Heights Volunteer Fire Rescue and I just bought me a radio off ebay and would like to go on and get it programmed. If anyone knows all the frequencies that I should have on my radio including the Tac channels please reply.

SCPD

QRT
Aural/Tone Out Dispatches for Rankin County Emergency Services - Fire & Emergency Management are on Conventional VHF: 154.0100 , and 155.0700.

Operations are on the Rankin County TRS
Rankin County Trunking System, Rankin County, Mississippi - Scanner Frequencies
Countywide Dispatch Talk Group is 240
Cleary Operations Talk Group is 4240

So will I be able to access our Tac channels with a Motorola HT1000 VHF because that sounds like I need a better radio. Please reply asap!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
No. That radio will only be able to get the VHF Dispatches. You need an Motorola Legacy Smart Zone (800 MHz) Trunking capable radio, (MTS, XTS series etc) that will have to be programmed by Rankin County. There are some very cool ones on ebay, and other sources, including the classifieds forums on the website here. Just be advised that Rankin County will be upgrading to an P25 system, possibly even joining the MSWIN in the next few years as Motorola is ending support for the current system they use.

SCPD

QRT
Ok I have talked to my chief and he really don't know anything about the system he said his radio was given to him by the county so he uses it. I really don't have the budget for the radio but need one being as I am a captain. I am really oblivious to radios myself so if anyone knows of an under $100 radio that will work on the Cleary Ops channel that would be great please suggest!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Milf posted some radios that will do what you want. I'm sure you can even find sub-$100 radios like the MTS2000 on eBay.

That said, would I trust a radio I bought off of eBay in a life threatening situation? Probably not. I would think you would open yourself up to a world of liabilities using that radio to direct others in your role as a Captain.

I would check with the radio shop that programs your radios to see if they will even program it for you. Many shops will not even touch a personal radio because of the liabilities. Programming it yourself is not an option either.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
ClearyFire44--I was trying to contact you to advise you of what you need to do but you don't accept email or PM's--if you get an 800 MHz then take it to where I said and they will program it for little of nothing---if you would allow PM's then I would be happy to explain more---hard to believe that the chief or someone else in Cleary doesn't know anything about the system---how about Florence. I have an 800 MHz with Rankin Fire and tac channels and was cleared to have it..

Be Safe

SCPD

QRT
ClearyFire44--I was trying to contact you to advise you of what you need to do but you don't accept email or PM's--if you get an 800 MHz then take it to where I said and they will program it for little of nothing---if you would allow PM's then I would be happy to explain more---hard to believe that the chief or someone else in Cleary doesn't know anything about the system---how about Florence. I have an 800 MHz with Rankin Fire and tac channels and was cleared to have it..

Be Safe
email me at hunter.dickerson@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.