Rankin & hinds

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

So I took a trip from Louisiana to Florida. I didn't hear a peep from Rankin and hinds..I did hear Jackson fd and pd. And I heard the other counties I passed through.

I was also very disappointed in the other states in Alabama and Florida. Any ideas on my Mississippi counties?

Thanks Jerry

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Did you add the main mswin tower and rankin simulcast?

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
RFSS ZONE 2
Site 056 Hinds County Simulcast 1, Site 058 Rankin County Simulcast, Site 062 Hinds County Simulcast 2. Those will give you the Local Traffic for Hinds/Rankin Counties.

For most of the State Traffic, use the other sites.

Be aware, those ARE P25 LSM SIMULCAST sites, and you may experience multipath distortion, the degree of which depends on your scanner, your antenna, and location....

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Jerry, what scanner are you running? Most you just make 1 system, with different sites, and then the TG Groups.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
Hinds/Rankin

RFSS ZONE 2
Site 056 Hinds County Simulcast 1, Site 058 Rankin County Simulcast, Site 062 Hinds County Simulcast 2. Those will give you the Local Traffic for Hinds/Rankin Counties.

For most of the State Traffic, use the other sites.

Be aware, those ARE P25 LSM SIMULCAST sites, and you may experience multipath distortion, the degree of which depends on your scanner, your antenna, and location....

Thanks for clearing this up even tho you might not knew you did. My HP-2 has had garbled audio and this post could very well explain why.

Be Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.