Rapid Deployment Teams (RDTs) from the Protecting American Communities Task Force (PACT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure it's mostly if not completely enc, but wonder if they use normal DHS channels or if there might be some new discoveries here? Likely local/simplex if anything as protecting monuments/crowd control probably doesn't need dispatches.

ecps92

I would venture the same channels in their day-to-day radios.

One example is All the CBP agencies, C, BP and ICE have not only some of each others common channels, but the entire suite of NIFOG available channels as well as the ever expanding DOJ 25 Cities Interops.

I'm sure it's mostly if not completely enc, but wonder if they use normal DHS channels or if there might be some new discoveries here? Likely local/simplex if anything as protecting monuments/crowd control probably doesn't need dispatches.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Good point. I'm away from where that action will likely be, but I have NIFOG in another group. Hadn't thought about DoJ 25Cities.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Lots of news stories in the past couple of days about these "unidentified federal agents, who don't wear any insignia on uniforms". Reported to be in Portland, Kansas City Kansas, Albuquerque NM and headed to Chicago. Wonder if they are a part of this force and if anyone in those areas have heard any new, unusual traffic or systems pop up (even if encrypted)?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Lots of news stories in the past couple of days about these "unidentified federal agents, who don't wear any insignia on uniforms". Reported to be in Portland, Kansas City Kansas, Albuquerque NM and headed to Chicago. Wonder if they are a part of this force and if anyone in those areas have heard any new, unusual traffic or systems pop up (even if encrypted)?

Which of course is just political noise. The agents so far that have been documented are mostly BORTAC units, who despite the news stories are wearing CBP patches and shield numbers (in patch form) same as they always do when geared up. There's been some FPS Tactical units also.

As to comms, my family in Chicago noted an uptick in activity on ATF and FPS frequencies following the announcement of Operation Legend. Several interop frequencies that normally are receivable are also now secured. However, this may also be tied to the injection of federal investigators by the U.S. District Attorney and DOJ into the 79th Street funeral mass shooting this week.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
OMAHA-1 has been airbourne over Chicago this week assisting CPD with riots as well as routine calls. Comms are on regular CPD frequencies.

Cops are LOVING it since the aircrew is on the ball. They responded to a shots fired call last night and lead District 004 units directly to the offender without ever even being requested.

They were also lasered over Berwyn earlier in the week, but we're able to track the offenders down to what room in the house. The laser arrest also yielded two illegal automatic firearms.

To quote the Zone 4 dispatcher on the air last night, "Can we keep you guys?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.