Raritan Police (Somerset TRS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I see that data base has "11632 2d7 A PD REG 6 Raritan Borough Police Law Dispatch".

Sunday Raritain had the annual Basilone Parade. I picked up a new TG on the Somerset TRS.

11664 It is likely this is a second TG for Raritain PD.

Update Data Base and confirm anyone?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Let me see if I can touch base with my friend who's a dispatcher at county. I'm highly interested in finding out what these new law enforcement talkgroups look like on their global layout (like how many PD regions that there are planned to be in total).

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Regions & Talk Groups

My understanding WAS that no expansions of any Regions would occur due to limitation of physical resources on the console. With the new consoles I would suspect this may be different,however it would require a person to be able to monitor this "new" TG. I suspect they are maxed out as to what they can listen to.

My guess is that it simply one more TG on the Somerset TRS not monitored by County Communications.

What I wonder is if anyone has read the NFPA guide to laying out a TRS for emergency responders.

The more TG's, the more a single radio frequency channel on the TRS can be occupied.

So during any type of area wide emergency it would be likely that one would get more system busy's
weather the channel(s) were tied up or the subcriber TG was assigned a lower priority.

Time to get off the soap box, C Yaaaa

W2SJW

Database Admin
I'm pretty sure that they are not going to expand past the 6 PD regions that are shown here in the database in the top text description box.

It makes sense that the newly-discovered talkgroup would be their 'tac' or 'talkaround' channel. We already know that county can listen & has responded to Raritan on their primary.

I fully agree with you about assignment overload of the system capacity. The 6 new 500MHz pairs will help with that when they put into play...

W2SJW

Database Admin
Just a brief update - I have not yet heard back from my friend. Doing the quick TG math, that talkgroup you guys discovered is 2 assignments higher than the normal PD dispatch.

It matches the current PD dispatch layout perfectly for having an 'Ops 1' & 'Ops 2' for officers to use without bothering the dispatcher...

Status
Not open for further replies.