Rasberry Pi wont come back online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
So i was out of town last night and we lost power early this morning. I got home a little while ago and restarted all my servers and the Rasberry. I can now ping the Pi but i still show feed down. Is there any way to listen to the feed locally on another PC like with scannercast in windows ? I dont know whats going on as this has been running 2 years flawlessly. Normally when i loose internet it comes right back up. Today its been down for about 12 hours.

Does the feed not show as up unless its on for a certain amount of time ?

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
So after doing alot of reading on other posts I dug out a mini keyboard and logged into the Pi and ran the command to start darkice again. It must of worked as when i was digging for more info I go thte text on my phone saying my feed was back up.

So my other question still stands. On my other feed running on windows I can open media player and connect to the IP of the PC and port and hear my feed. Does the Pi allow this somehow ?

DC31

Feed Provider
So after doing alot of reading on other posts I dug out a mini keyboard and logged into the Pi and ran the command to start darkice again. It must of worked as when i was digging for more info I go thte text on my phone saying my feed was back up.

So my other question still stands. On my other feed running on windows I can open media player and connect to the IP of the PC and port and hear my feed. Does the Pi allow this somehow ?

Yes, if you install an ice cast server on the pi, stream to both icecast and bcfy.

The following post isn't exactly a step by step but gives the dirctions in general.

https://stmllr.net/blog/live-mp3-streaming-from-audio-in-with-darkice-and-icecast2-on-raspberry-pi/

You already have darkice installed so you can skip down to the configuration part that starts "this section describes a streaming connection to an IceCast2 server"

Your configuration file should be at /etc/darkice.cfg, just add an icecast2-1 section. When you install icecast in the following paragraphs you will set the source password that the .cfg needs.

Good luck. If you run into issues, ask.

jblackst

Feed Provider
Sounds like you need to adjust configurations to allow darkice to start at boot. I need to do the same thing.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
It showed it running. I actually have tried it a few times since. The program will show darkice as started but does not work. If i retype command it starts working. Not sure why.

jblackst

Feed Provider
At one point in the past, I had it somewhere in a boot script to 'sudo service darkice stop', pause 5 seconds then 'sudo service darkice start'

Of course, I borked the SD card and had to rebuild the Pi and now can't find where I put that command...

Status
Not open for further replies.