Raspberry Pi 3B Monitoring Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Disclaimer: I'm not sure exactly where this thread should go. If an admin/moderator would please advise and move this if this is not the correct section please.

I am purchasing this CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Stater Kit from amazon hoping to be able to monitor my FlightAware's ADSB FlightFeeder (SkyAware via web browser) as well as monitor audio from LiveATC primarily and possibly broadcastify. I am hoping this will be a simple task. I don't know much about raspberry pi's other than what little I have done with them is the way of MMDVM hotspots which just consisted of me setting them up for DMR on brandmeister and TGIF and P25. If there is anyone able to help with the setup of this project, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure just yet at the moment what exactly I will need help with as I do not have the device in hand. I do had a few questions though.
1. Reading from the description, I would presume the OS is already installed "Raspbian (pre-loaded on the MicroSD card)". If is the case, will this OS and hardware be sufficient to do what I am wanting (Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Quad-Core 1.2 GHz 1 GB RAM)
2. This will be connected to a TV mounted on the wall. Will the HDMI port on the Raspberry Pi provide audio out to the TV so that I will be able to hear the audio from LiveATC.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
1. I would presume so. As long as the software itself isn't too taxing on the board, it should run fine. Seems like this link here actually has a set up for it using the Raspberry Pi 3. You don't have to use the guide on the link though, you can most certainly just install the components in Raspberry OS that you'll need and configure them manually.

You're mileage may vary on the web browser component to track it though if you open the web browser on the Pi itself to monitor the system in real time. General rule of thumb is if its all background daemons and CLI stuff, it should be fine. Graphical stuff and heavy HTML5/CSS/Flash/Video tends to be a bit iffy though on a Raspberry Pi desktop, since they still seemingly haven't figured out how to incorporate hardware acceleration in the web browser.

2. Yes, HDMI from the RPi will carry audio. More than likely it should do this by default without any configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.