raspberry pi audio card recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiya

Feed Provider
I got a raspberry pi on the way and would like to know what USB sound cards people have had work well for feeding.

frazpo

I got a raspberry pi on the way and would like to know what USB sound cards people have had work well for feeding.

Your gonna get mixed reviews on that question. I and a lot of the raspberry feed guys use this one,,

USB External 7 1 Channel 3D Virtual Audio Sound Card Adapter PC A 229 | eBay

My feed is crisp and clear. However you will always find someone who attempted and failed, possibly out of impatience, and went to another type and will not agree. There so cheap, might as well order a couple.

Good luck and let us know once you get your raspfeed going.

Edit - I did find out I had to use a stereo cable on mine to get good audio. Opposed to a mono cable.

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You might want to take a look at this article, he has been writing a few articles on using Raspberry Pi's for various scanning applications. Here is one he did on streaming and mentions 2 different audio card brands/models Military Comms Streaming Your Scanner Audio Using a $35 Raspberry Pi Computer

The Raspberry Pi application he is currently working on is the one I am interested in. It is a way to control audio from many different scanners. Kind of like an audio mixer or the older NCS3230 Multi Rx box

He just put some videos up on this project, really neat about the concept is to use a touch screen computer or an iPhone Military Comms Raspberry Pi Scanner Audio Controller

nick223

Feed Provider
Is the imic plug and play with the raspberry pi?

I'm using a cheap sound card to run a darkice feed and the analog audio is good but the digital scanner audio sounds horrible. I hope this will fix the issue.

Uplink

Yup, it's plug and play works, great.

40994d1365726612-standalone-client-computer-2013-04-07-rpi-darkice-setup-001-medium-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.