Raspberry Pi Zello Client - Works like Broadcastify Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

xicarusx

Feed Provider
Hi!

So I saw a few people asking about a better way to send audio to Zello. I see all sorts of setups, like emulating Android or using a phone.

Well, what I have done is create a some what custom Python implementation of the Zello client. It works similarly to Broadcastify Calls API. The idea behind it is to monitor a Dispatch Channel with it and have calls sent to a Zello Channel. Currently, it uses whatever the default recording device is. So make sure you have that set up correctly with ALSA and alsamixer. It is possible to edit the main Python file and change the device index variable for PyAudio if you wish to use multiple cards and multiple instance. I just did not add that. Keeping it Default was working the best for me.

Have a look here and give it a try. Any questions, just ask. I will answer. :)

xicarusx

Feed Provider
Functionality wise they are very similar. They record audio from an in input source, convert to opus, and upload to Zello. However, my script uses async and await in the Zello library I created. It also does not transcode on the fly. It records to wav, then converts and deletes wav and saves opus in an archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.