Raspberry Pi3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC31

Feed Provider
G,

Does darkice itself stay running through the internet outage? If darkice is dying, that is easy to detect and restart. If it is still running just not feeding the BCFY stream that may be more problematic.

JIm

VK2GEL

Darkice, darksnow and icecast all pop up occasionally in TOP, but none steady.

DC31

Feed Provider

JDrisc3480

DC31

Feed Provider
DC31...Thank you for these easy to follow instructions.
A couple more changes for good operation:

1. Open the file /home/pi/.darksnow/darkice.cfg with a text editor. At the end of the first section [ General] add the line reconnect = yes. If you run into permissions problems, try using the nano editor at the command line: sudo nano /home/pi/.darksnow/darkice.cfg
2. Your usb sound card may be either hw:1,0 or hw:2,0. If one doesn’t work, try the other.

K3EP

I'm a new Pi user with no Linux experience. I'm attempting to use a Pi 3B to stream our ham repeater audio. I'm using Darkice and set it up using the info on this page:
That seemed to go smoothly, with one exception ...

On the darkice config page, what do I put in for the name of the feed? Is it the alphanumeric string I named the feed in my setup request to Broadcastify? Or is it the 5 digit feed ID? Or my log in ID? I have tried them all and am not seeing my feed show up. I have searched every pi page I can find on here with no solution.

I've watched a few youtube videos as well looking for solutions.

Thoughts anyone?

73 de K3EP

DC31

Feed Provider
I am pretty sure that BCFY does not pull the entry from the Name field. So it makes no difference what you put in there or if you leave it blank. Look elsewhere for the connection problem you are encountering.

K3EP

I am pretty sure that BCFY does not pull the entry from the Name field. So it makes no difference what you put in there or if you leave it blank. Look elsewhere for the connection problem you are encountering.

Thanks. I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.