rating the BC246T

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
For an analog only scanner it is great! I use mine in conjunction with my digital scanner everyday...it monitors the analog trunked systems in my area while the digital handles the rest....I love mine and it was well worth the money to add it to the collection! :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Fantastic little scanner. Many features, handles all the common trunking systems, good audio. Great display. Once you get the programming scheme down, you're good to go.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
It was the first in the Dynamic Memory and Close Call scanners. My favorite TrunkTracker III handheld, I'd give it a 10.

CZ

Aircraft: Disappointing. Live about 5 miles from major airport, practically in glidepath, & rarely hear the tower with the Duck (I've tried 2 or 3 different ones) even standing on front porch. I have put the telescoping antenna from the 785D on it, and once in a while can hear tower, but telescoping is a bit inconvenient -- in that if you accidentally hit it the wrong way against something .... SNAP! goes the antenna, or antenna connector probably

Trunking: Never have been able to get it to work. Manual could have been done better I think, in telling people who've never encountered Trunking how to set it up.

Close call: One thing mine does is pick freq.'s up as a reflection of sorts (i.e.: for example, a transmission on 155.000 would be picked up as 154.995, 155.000, 155.010)

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Minus the fact of no digital, and no NFM on VHF Trunking, this radio certainly get's a 2 thumbs up and hmmmmm, I'll say an 8/10 on the richter scale.

Does me just dandy fine for the rural area that I'm in.

When in certain locations at fairly high ground levels, even with the stock antenna, I've been able to bring in 800 Mhz trunking sytems at close to 100 km's, and conventional at even further distances.

Status
Not open for further replies.