Rav4 Custom BCT15X, Siren Install 007!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glockman22

Heres some quick pics of my installation/demo vehicle. This is a 2011 Toyota Rav4, with the following mounted in the Glovebox: Uniden BCT15X, Federal Signal SW400SS & MS4000 Siren. The install was kind of a pain, and required grinding a little from above and below the glovebox. Nothing to bad, just some plastic. I used all L connectors in the back of the BCT15X, including a rotating Serial Connector from AVCables. Pictured next to it and on is a Toughbook 29, in a Gamber-Dock we sell running the Proscan software. As you can see it copies the BCT15X exactly, which is way cool. I also can run free scan if I want for uploading. Whats nice is I can unplug the dock with connectors under the seat for usb, power and sound and 10 seconds bang its out. You close the glovebox and its all gone. I also re-made the glove box stops so it opens about half way as shown....the pictures do not do it justice. The viewing angle is perfect. Most of the time I just put the clip board in the upper tube as shown. I am a certified Gamber-Johnson installer here in ny and do a lot of one of kind, high end installs. Comment, questions, let me know. Thanks, Mark in NY.

Attachments

• DSC00618.jpg
    DSC00618.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 6,814
  • DSC00612.jpg
    DSC00612.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 6,012
  • DSC00610.jpg
    DSC00610.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,766
  • DSC00601.jpg
    DSC00601.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 2,607

scannerboy01

How are you able to drive and control the siren while responding to an emergency? Nice that you can see what is happening on your scanner using the computer program. :) Overall, nice set-up :D

N8IAA

How are you able to drive and control the siren while responding to an emergency? Nice that you can see what is happening on your scanner using the computer program. :) Overall, nice set-up :D

I believe if you reread the first sentence, it mentions that it is an installation/demo vehicle.
Larry

Glockman22

Thanks for all the replies! No, I do not drive and use the siren on this, it is for demo only. I could run a remote toggle if I wanted to over to the drivers side blank switches by the inside dimmer switch. I am using a Comtel Low profile "puck" style antenna on a magnet mount actually. I have used Comtel units before like this and love them. They work great and can be bought, and programmed to your choice of center freq. and are not that expensive. The magnet mount is awesome because no holes to drill. I ran it up though the OEM antenna and than took a small file for the antenna wire to come out. The magnet mount has a side exit cable, so its perfect. All I had to do was groove a small hole in the outer cover for the factory antenna, nothing one drop of black silicone could not hide. I posted a pic of it, the inside and outside. I made the organizer in my shop, of course with all kinds of LEDs for warning/demo and than painted it with the that speckle, deck style paint. Other comments, questions let me know. Thanks, Mark in NY.

Attachments

• DSC00578.jpg
    DSC00578.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2,408
  • DSC00642.jpg
    DSC00642.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 7,772
  • DSC00591.jpg
    DSC00591.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 2,146

scannerboy01

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I believe if you reread the first sentence, it mentions that it is an installation/demo
vehicle.

I guess that if it's only a demo vehicle, the sirens don't have to be easy to access.
Larry[/QUOTE]

I guess that if the vehicle is only a demo vehicle, there isn't much need for the sirens to be easy reach.

Last edited:

Glockman22

Rav4 Custom BCT15X

Thanks man. It is a Rav4, but a sport model ha ha. We run a lot of these for GSA/Gov vehicles. Anyone can bolt a lightbar on a car, its a lot harder to hide LEDs, Siren Speaker, etc. like on this one...!

Status
Not open for further replies.