Ravalli County!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
For some reason Ravalli County is the only county that I can not seem to pick up in my location here in Philipsburg. I pick up Missoula,Powel,and Deer Lodge. I also pick up three Montana Statewide P25 towers that lets me listen to Flathead,Gallatin,Lewis and Clark County. So just wondering if the Database for Ravalli is accurate or not.

bumby

Premium Subscriber
Ravalli conventional frequencies are online, and working with activity, I live in Stevensville, and I have never heard Ravalli activity on the P25 MPSCS, I may be wrong, but I do not think Ravalli county is currently active or participating in the MPSCS network. If others know more about this I would like to hear about it.

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks that just means I'm just in a spot that I don't receive the signal. I don't believe they are on State system either I was just curious why I didn't pick them up since I put my outdoor antenna up I get really good coverage on all the counties around me except Ravalli.

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
Missoula is not on Trunked System I mainly hear Missoula Sheriff and than I hear fire and ems get paged out. I was told once that fire and ems channels use UHF so after they get paged I don't hear them I believe Missoula PD might be the same and is why I can't pick up Missoula PD from here. But that is not the case for County I here them in and around Missoula I also pick them up in Seeley and Lolo. Missoula Highway Patrol as well I pick up a lot.

emtbls1987

M
Missoula is not on Trunked System I mainly hear Missoula Sheriff and than I hear fire and ems get paged out. I was told once that fire and ems channels use UHF so after they get paged I don't hear them I believe Missoula PD might be the same and is why I can't pick up Missoula PD from here. But that is not the case for County I here them in and around Missoula I also pick them up in Seeley and Lolo. Missoula Highway Patrol as well I pick up a lot.
[/QUOTE

Missoula Fire goes to the fire tac channels 1,2,3,4,5

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
I'm picking them up off the Conoco Mountain, Stonewall Mountain, and Belmont Mountain from my location in Philipsburg but when I was in Missoula I was not getting any active sites to hit on my scanners I had with me at the time.

bumby

Premium Subscriber
I just south of Stevensville, near Victor, and I hear Flathead County P25 on 155.1900 and 154.9200, I think this is Big Mountain, its about the only traffic I hear out of the Flathead.

AlaskaRadar

So ravalli county is not part of the Montana P25 system and so far are not planning on joining it as far as i have personally heard. Sorry i did not see this thread sooner.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Speaking of Flathead County, they recently applied to the FCC to erect two new 700 MHz P25 sites. Their application is currently pending final approval. I wonder if these new sites will be integrated into the MPSCS TRS?

73's

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.