Rc! 2950

Status
Not open for further replies.

w4rtt

I bought one of these today at a yard sale for $10.00, so I couldn't pass up a new toy.
I was under the impression that the knob directly over the mic plug was for continuous frequency selection.
This one has a double pot. The outer knob just turns clockwise and counter clockwise, no detents. The center knob is an on/off type pot.
When the radio is turned on, neither of these knobs seem to have any function.
Any ideas what these are used for?

Randy W4RTT

w4rtt

Rci 2950

I bought one of these today at a yard sale for $10.00, so I couldn't pass up a new toy.
I was under the impression that the knob directly over the mic plug was for continuous frequency selection.
This one has a double pot. The outer knob just turns clockwise and counter clockwise, no detents. The center knob is an on/off type pot.
When the radio is turned on, neither of these knobs seem to have any function.
Any ideas what these are used for?

Randy W4RTT

OK, I'll try this again. I have an Owners Manual. The knobs above the mic jack, do not have any visible function. One acts like an On/Off. volume control. The other acts like a balance knob. Nor do the knobs resemble the pictures of the one in the manual.

Any Ideas?

Randy
W4RTT

Attachments

• 2950.jpg
    2950.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 610

Phreaqshow

Someone removed the VFO and installed an echo (connex) board.
One knob is for time and the other is delay.

w4rtt

Rci 2950

OK, that's what I needed to know.
Now, Can I just leave the top switch turned off if I don't want the echo, or am I going to have to remove the board?

Randy
W4RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.