• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RCA BR250U Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bw1332

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I recently was given an RCA BR250U to program for local fairground security. There is a previous thread on the forum that discusses that it is basically a rebranded HYTERA and that the software needed was the HYTERA HT610E programming software. I have been attempting to read the radio with no success. I keep receiving the error "Error radio model name" whenever I attempt to read the radio. Any help would be appreciated as, if I'm able to do this one, they have many more that need to be done.

Thanks in advanced,
Bailey

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Those rebranded RCA radios are bastard radios. You'll have to convince Discount Two Way Radios to sell you the programming software for them as changes to the RCA branded radios were made so the Hytera CPS won't work with them. I tried a couple times to get software for the RCA radios and they wouldn't sell it. Seems bizarre to me but that's the story on those as I know it.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I went through the same thing many years ago when someone here at work decided to buy a bunch of RCA branded radios. This was pre-Baofeng days, luckily.
They came programmed on random frequencies and the end user just couldn't comprehend needing an FCC license. I offered to reprogram them to frequencies we were licensed for, but could never get the RCA programming software. Only the dealer had it and wanted us to send the radios back and pay to have them programmed, then pay to return them to us.
I had the buyer just get a refund and I got them set up with some low tier Icom radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.