RCA Tv and AT&T u-verse remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb872033

Im trying to get my RAC 20f510td TV to work with my ATT U-verse remote. I have tried to put the codes in and none seem to work, I have also tried auto code search to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks!

JB

PS. successfully got the surround sound receiver working with the remote...

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
A "universal" remote is not universal, looks to me it lacks the code for your particular model TV. If it has it's on the list, the fly sheet that came in the package and if it's not there all the fiddling around will accomplish nothing. Then there is another problem, often they lack functions to fully operate the equipment. There's just no way to make a remote that does it all within any reasonable price range so they just do the best they can, compromise.

jb872033

I tried U-verse forums...I guess its a no go...the only fxn i need is the power button really...I just figured it would work with an RCA TV, its not like its some no-name brand...thanks for input all!

JB

ChargerSRT8

Premium Subscriber
If you can only power off and not on, or the other way around, then your tv has discrete codes for each of those commands. The work around is program your tv button for one, reassign it to another device (such as DVD) then reprogam the tv button for the other command. If this is your situation I can provide further instructions for the ATT remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.