• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RCI 2995DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4AOL

Premium Subscriber
What is a good amp to run with this radio? Before you try to explain to me linears are illegal, I know just don't care.

sloop

RCI2995DX

1. Now that the power supply problem has been solved...that's a good radio. The specs are very good. Don't let anyone in it with a screwdriver if you are going to run an amp.! Any minor problem that they might create will be a major problem after its amplified.
2. With 50 watts and a good antenna, you don't need an amp. I talk about anywhere I want on 35 watts with a good antenna.
3. If you insist on an amp...then don't buy a cheap one. Get one made for hams, they will have a cleaner output.
4. Most of all be careful....make sure that your transmitter 50 watts won't over power the input (max. drive) of your amp. (that's why I suggest a ham amp.) and burn it out.
5. Ameritron, TenTec,Icom,and Yaesu all make good quality amps.
6. No, I don't approve...but if you must, keep it clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.