RCMP Killam shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Kudos again for Motorola life saving radios. One of the high calibre gun shots that hit a Central Alberta mountie was deflected by his hand mike today at about 2 p.m.

RCMP B3( Heisler) was active with Mike Papa Papa air section helicopter and ERT activity. Two mounties were shot and airlifted to Edmonton by STAR 1 Calgary and STAR 3 Edmonton. One suspect was shot dead by a shotgun. Another suspect is apparently still on the run. STARS has also been called back to Killam to standby along with a fixed wing air ambulance.

RCMP are just now having a news conference in Killam the detachment that covers the Sedgewick/Lougheed area where the shooting happened.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
The good news is that neither RCMP member is suffering life threatening wounds. But yes still tragic indeed to be shot at work protecting people. The 32 year old member with multiple wounds went to the U of A Hospital (trauma center) and the member with a single shot to the lower abdomen to the Royal Alex trauma center

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Harry for the usual great summary on this thread, and kudos to Motorola on this one. :wink:

A quick recovery to the mounties in the 2 Edmonton hospitals.

Killam RCMP shooting

Hi, Thanks for your posts.

I'm wondering if thers's any way to access an archived audio file of these scanner communications. I've been told it's possible, but have not found a way to access them. I'm looking for the Killam incident on Feb. 7 in particular.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

Morgan S.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Depends if there is someone that has a feed for that area or not. If there is not a feed for that area then you are SOL

SCPD

QRT
Hi, Thanks for your posts.

I'm wondering if thers's any way to access an archived audio file of these scanner communications. I've been told it's possible, but have not found a way to access them. I'm looking for the Killam incident on Feb. 7 in particular.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

Morgan S.
"Access archived audio file" You mean recorded by RCMP comms? If other, your telling me they exist, if so can you tell me where they are so I can see If I can access them.

Status
Not open for further replies.