RCMP, Northwest BC, Radio traffic is gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmith423

Premium Subscriber
Sometime over the past weekend, RCMP must have changed something that cut off all analog radio transmissions. I asked a local HAM if he knew anything and he mentioned something about P25 and Digital. Can ANYONE help me find the new channels or how to program my scanner (BC785D) to receive RCMP again?

I looked in the Database folder, and have the analog freqs from there, but nothing there has been updated in ages.

Thanks in advance.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The majority of BC switched their frequencies to encrypted P25 digital (using the same frequencies they did for analog) some time ago. Unfortunately I would guess that your district finally made the change.

Saskwonder56

Majority of BC RCMP has been encrypted for a while now, wasn't aware of any detachments still within BC that were analog, But may have delayed in some getting the full switch over until recently.

csmith423

Premium Subscriber
I'm in northwest BC, along highway 16. Houston went 'bye bye' over the winter when the TAC teams came in to deal with the LNG protesters. I know the Lower Main was converted years ago. I guess it was inevitable. I can still listen to Prince Rupert, Stewart and Dease Lake. I guess Fire and Ambulance will have to do.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.