RCMP Program for BCD396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

redoor

Hey guys quick question...maybe a dumb question. I want to program the RCMP for Alberta into my BCD396T It looks like a conventional system...but i'm getting confused with the talk of 123.0 tone and input repeater ect. Could some one help me put it into laymens terms? Thanks

Tim

masonb

They use different PL tones so that they can use a frequency for more than one dispatch, given there far away enough from eachother.

As for the 123.0 & 131.8 an example from the database would be...
Bravo 2 on 155.550 PL 123.0
& Bravo 7 on 155.550 PL 131.8

To program these in with separate PL codes type the frequency in twice, the 396 will tell you that the "frequency already exists" but go ahead and just select the given frequency after and in the sub-menu you an change the PL so they get distinguished.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=3839

redoor

They use different PL tones so that they can use a frequency for more than one dispatch, given there far away enough from eachother.

As for the 123.0 & 131.8 an example from the database would be...
Bravo 2 on 155.550 PL 123.0
& Bravo 7 on 155.550 PL 131.8

To program these in with separate PL codes type the frequency in twice, the 396 will tell you that the "frequency already exists" but go ahead and just select the given frequency after and in the sub-menu you an change the PL so they get distinguished.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=3839

thanks for your help. Do you program this in conventional?

Last edited:

redoor

Last Question

Frequency Input Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
155.80500 154.96500 BFMR 123.0 PL A1 A1 FM Law Dispatch

Sorry one final question do you enter the input freqency?

maplebear

Premium Subscriber
You do not have to program the input frequency.
For A1 you program 155.8050 and a the Pl tone of 123.0 .

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why one would need to enter the tone as most frequency locations are far enough apart that one can receive signals without interference. If you are in between a couple of repeaters, then one could input a tone to reduce interference from one repeater. In Calgary, Cochrane and Gleichen use the same frequency but Cochrane is much stronger than Gleichen. I do not have a particular reason to listen to Gleichen from Calgary so just listen to the frequency without a tone. When travelling, I don't like to have a tone because it would mean enter the same frequency 2 or 3 times with different tones. I like to program the frequency once and leave the tone off. Don't think I'm missing anything that way. But, this is my preference.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You will definitely get overlap/crosstalk if you do not enter the tone. Sitting in my car at the intersection of Highway 22 and Highway 1, I can receive A1 Airdrie, A2 Foothills (High River/Turner Valley/Okotoks), A3 Banff, A4 Calgary, A5 Sundre, A6 Canmore, A9 Airdrie, A10 Longview, A15 Cochrane, B2 Cochrane, B3 Kananaskis, B7 Strathmore (not Gleichen), B8 Nanton, and B9 Airdrie. Of those, several are the same frequency used over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.