rcmp trunked frequencies\ system type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farfle

i live in the south okanagan and was wondering if anyone knows what trunked radio system and frequencies the rcmp use? there doesnt seem to be much if any info on here or other sites. any help would be greatly appreicated.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
i live in the south okanagan and was wondering if anyone knows what trunked radio system and frequencies the rcmp use? there doesnt seem to be much if any info on here or other sites. any help would be greatly appreicated.
If you are not getting anything off these:

Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Maybe they have switched to this:

Scanner Frequencies: Lower Mainland Wide Area Radio (WARS) Trunking System, Vancouver, British Columbia

and it has not been documented yet. I remember somebody ranting in a post a while back to "not travel to BC" since there was nothing to listen to. He was a little miffed that the RCMP in his area had gone to Pro-Voice leaving scanners in the dark.

farfle

south okanagan rcmp

hey guys thanks for the quick reply! ive got a bunch of frequencies programed and i can get bits and pieces of conversations but it seems like i get the tail end of the transmission. sometimes just the dispatch side of things. it seems im missing out on all the action!!! any suggestions as ive only had my scanner for 3 days now(uniden btc8). oh yeah and sometimes they will switch channels and then i lose them. ive got about 28 programed and i can never find it again? super frustrating. again any help or suggestions would be super cool!

farfle

no one me told that. i have no idea about this stuff, just bought the scanner a couple days ago. and was wondering why i can only get bits and pieces of conversations. so thats why i thought they might be trunked. if 139.245 is their main channel why does it cut in and out and most of the time its blank.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider

BC_Scan

Your antenna is the problem

without being there I would hazard a guess that you are using supplied telescopic whip (which is utterly useless) in that mountainous terrain you live in , best thing to do is buy yourself an external antenna you can put on the roof of the house (such as a wideband discone) you would be able then to pull in the rc's all the way up the lake up to vernon and then some ?? due to the nature of the signals you are trying to receive the best remedie for lost or choppy transmission is get an antenna up high as possible (an alternative is use a car antennae with mag mount like a tri-band larsen, anything better than the stock whip supplied)
contact me private message for more antenna ideas/installation and target interest to listen to .

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
hey, i used to live in the okanagan. the reason that the oliver repeater may be silent alot of the time is due to it being used for a small town, as well if a user is not talking or dispatch is not talking the frequency will be quiet.
plug in all of the north and southeast district repeaters that others have indicated for the okanagan in this link: Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

if you are scanning these frecuencies i garuentee you should hear something. from that area with a decent outdoor antenna you should be able to hear RCMP action from the canada/us boarder to kelowna, possibly even RPTR H located on a high mountian near falkland, and some stuff towards princeton and maybe even some of the hiway patrol on 97c, i would even throw in 156.800mhz (marine vhf ch 16) and even BC ambulance, and bc forest service freqs. there is LOTS of analoug/conventional stuff in the okanagan to listen to. i cant really remember what the kelowna city rcmp repeater is, but i think that it is either 139.560, or 139.590, do a search from 150.00 to 174.000, most stuff in the okanagan is vhf, there is some uhf, mostly commercial stuff in the 450-470. i think silver star ski patrol is on 452.6375, if you have a good view north you may hear that repeater too, and lots of ham stuff to: NORAC is centered in Vernon  in , in the okanagan repeater listing they have most of the repeaters in the okanagan listed. if you have any questions please pm me, it has been a few years since i lived there but i know i always had lots to listen with no more than a Vhf radio

if you need help with an outdoor antenna go to:
omega communications, PENTICTON
2384 Government St.
Penticton, B.C. V2A 4W6
Phone 250-492-7272
Fax 250-490-9516

or find a ham radio dealer, like comwest in vancouver

farfle

hey thanks ill be getting the antenna shortly and in the mean time ill plug all the rest of the frequencies in! damn! im almost getting excited.!!!thank you for taking the time to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.