RCMP Zoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue54

Quick question. I used to have a link that showed the AB RCMP Zones. As in "2charlie35" with the 2 being the airdrie area and the "Charlie" being a hiway unit. Anyone know where to find the zones ref. ?

ahp309

You are right with the location numbers, but they replaced subdivisions with districts.

Eastern Alberta District - St. Albert

Provincial Capital District - Sherwood Park

Southern Alberta District - Calgary

Western Alberta District - Grande Prairie

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Merry Christmas Rescue54 glad that helped. ahp309 thanks for clarifying the new districts. I'm glad they didn't change the call sign numbering or I'd be lost:)

Also don't forget the Hotel Motorcycle and Tango (Traffic Sheriff) identifiers.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
From another source I'm told not to forget the fifth district Battle River. Sorry Red Deer.
Also autonomous detachments Wood Buffalo, Grande Prairie and Beaverlodge. Also Red Deer detachments including the new Blackfalds detachment.

Source May 11, 2011 RCMP web page.

scannerboy01

So, the first number the RCMP vehicle number is the district it comes from? I've noticed that all the cars I've seen in Northern Alberta all start with 3 and then letter and a set of numbers, so it would come from the Edmonton district, correct? If I'm correct, vehicles near Calgary start with 2 and then a letter and a set of numbers.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
For the callsigns revert to the Subdivision list I posted. Edmonton is 3 which includes the old St. Paul and Fort McMurray subdivisions. Calgary is 2.

ahp309

Cars with the 6G## call sign belong to what used to be know as Freeway Patrol Units at Leduc, Ponoka, Innisfail, and Airdrie. Although they were in different subdivisions they all used 6 as they were commanded out of the Red Deer subdivision. They still use 6G## (except for Airdrie which switched a number of years ago to a Highway Patrol Unit using 2C##) They are all now called Traffic Services Units or where combined with the Sheriff's HP, Integrated Traffic Units.

omrail

Cars with the 6G## call sign belong to what used to be know as Freeway Patrol Units at Leduc, Ponoka, Innisfail, and Airdrie. Although they were in different subdivisions they all used 6 as they were commanded out of the Red Deer subdivision. They still use 6G## (except for Airdrie which switched a number of years ago to a Highway Patrol Unit using 2C##) They are all now called Traffic Services Units or where combined with the Sheriff's HP, Integrated Traffic Units.

there are no G in Leduc the Traffic Services Units are C49-52

ahp309

Thanks for that info. I wondered how long it would take for the other "Freeway Patrols" to start changing over like Airdrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.