RCN NextGen West Site Affiliations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone advise what agencies/TG's generally affiliate with the West Simulcast Site? Do CV, NC, Coronado ever affiliate with the west, or are the basically South?

Thanks!

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The West cell is the southern half of the old North cell. So South cell agencies whose travels take them into the border area with the West cell (Santee Sheriff; Fire Zones 1 & 2 and 6B; Harbor PD D1 & 2 to name a few) are permitted.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
The West cell is the southern half of the old North cell. So South cell agencies whose travels take them into the border area with the West cell (Santee Sheriff; Fire Zones 1 & 2 and 6B; Harbor PD D1 & 2 to name a few) are permitted.

Thanks. Any idea if CV, NC and Coronado affiliate with the West, or are they pretty much South unless they stray into more northern areas?

JoeyC

There is no reason CV or NC radio traffic be carried on the West as the reliable West RF pattern does not extend there.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
There is no reason CV or NC radio traffic be carried on the West as the reliable West RF pattern does not extend there.

True, for the PD. Fire traffic Dispatch (6B) is carried there as a backup for the City system.

JoeyC

True, for the PD. Fire traffic Dispatch (6B) is carried there as a backup for the City system.
I don't get to the south bay often nor have I tried to listen. So you are saying that 45 is workable down there in the event of a failure of 41?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I don't get to the south bay often nor have I tried to listen. So you are saying that 45 is workable down there in the event of a failure of 41?

No, 45 and 41 are backup to the City's system for dispatch purposes (NFPA requirement).

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Along these same lines, do we know what agencies or talkgroups typically affiliate with 42 North? With just the four frequencies, it appears that it is used much less than the old North since 45 West is in play now.

Piggybacking off this, do we know much about 48 Rams Hill, with such a large footprint, but only two frequencies?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
42-North has some "north only" affiliated radios, such as FD Zone 4 tacs, and maybe like Oceanside Cars for units north of the hills between the 78 and 76. Typically at ngith, more common to have units only light up a single sight as less radios turned on.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.